Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Your opinion on a short Partition article (Read 7384 times)
Citizen_Kang
Radmeister

Your opinion on a short Partition article
Sep 22nd, 2001 at 10:53pm

Hey Rad

You may have seen this very short anti-partition article: http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=43.  I am curious as to what your reply to it would be  - in particular to points 2 and 4.

Cheers

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Your opinion on a short Partition article
Reply #1 - Sep 23rd, 2001 at 1:13am

Yes, I've seen the article. Fact, I wrote mine in response to his. I've debated Modus on many of his skewed philosophies. He's wrong about many things (but still fun to debate).

There are no hassles with putting the swap at the leading edge. Norton Utilities does this for you with the click of a single button.

The reason they put it there is cuz that's where it offers the best performance. Modus thinks he knows more than the engineers at Symantec. Ask him, he'll tell you so. Smiley

If you read my Partitioning Strategies, I explain everything. I just copied & pasted parts of my Partitioning debate w/ Modus & voila, had me another Radified Guide. Smiley

http://partition.radified.com/

To which part of #4 do you have a question? It's long.

If you have a single-partition 60-gig drive, you can't image to  the drive. You can only image CD-Rs, which would take a very long time to create (and restore) 60 gigs worth of data, and waste a lot of CDs.

He says:

"In reality, it just doesn't work this way. As soon as Windows is restored, the registry reverts to its default state and anything pertaining to your applications is lost, rendering them unstable or inoperable."

Funny, when I restore my images (about 12 times now, over the last few years), all my apps worked just fine.

He has demonstrated many times that he doesn't know beans about imaging.

IP Logged

Citizen_Kang
Radmeister

Reply #2 - Sep 23rd, 2001 at 12:07pm

Hey Rad

You have highlighted and replied to his exact remark that I was most interested in determining the validity of:

"In reality, it just doesn't work this way. As soon as Windows is restored, the registry reverts to its default state and anything pertaining to your applications is lost, rendering them unstable or inoperable." 

Good to know that that statement is "bunk".

Cheers

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - Sep 23rd, 2001 at 4:26pm

If you load the OS, then create an image, then load your apps, and then restore the image, you'll lose your apps. But nobody in their right mind would do that .. which is why I say he knows nothing about imaging.

You always create an image *after* you load your apps .. for this very reason.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print