Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2002, HPT370 & W2K (Read 5260 times)
memco
Ex Member

Ghost 2002, HPT370 & W2K
Dec 17th, 2001 at 5:01pm

Cool site but right now the brain full light is blinking so maybe somebody can point me in the correct direction.  My Abit VP6 has on onboard HPT 370 controller.  I have a CD ROM on IDE 1 and 4 primary NTFS partions on HDD 0 connected to IDE 3 (through the HPT 370).  When I boot with the Ghost FDD and click on drive info I get "There is no valid source drive to choose". I think I need an ASPI?.sys file for the DOS boot config.sys but I cannot find one at the highpoint-tech URL.  These HPT 370 controllers are common so I think I should be able to do this.  I will be adding more devices so I need to keep my HDDs on IDE3/4.  In the meantime I'll try to comprehend the aspi.radified doc.

IP Logged

memco
Ex Member

Re: Ghost 2002, HPT370 & W2K
Reply #1 - Dec 17th, 2001 at 11:42pm

Well, it appears that consumer Ghost 2002 does not support NTFS partitions very well - you cannot image a NTFS partition to an NTFS partition.  Since the enterprise version (which supports NTFS) is a little too rich for my budget, I will research PowerQuest Drive Image 5. Anyhowzit, this is a GREAT site with well written & very informative documents.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Ghost 2002, HPT370 & W2K
Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2001 at 5:26am

Thanks.

Lemme know how it goes with DI5.

I sent a note to Symantec a few days ago, asking if they had any plans to sppt writing directly to NTFS partitions (like DI). They said 'No', seeming to think it's not as reliable as writing to FAT.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print