Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wont recognise my lcd monitor (Read 6607 times)
dsmith
N00b

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

CANADA

wont recognise my lcd monitor
Dec 27th, 2001 at 9:42pm

run win xp ntfs i have 2 40 gig drives which i clone weekly ,the drives are removable received a lcd monitor for christmas and when i put my disk in a: to do my cloning it said it was loading some files it could not load and my screen would not show anything. now is this simply saying that i should make another disk ? or do i have another problem?

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: wont recognise my lcd monitor
Reply #1 - Dec 28th, 2001 at 10:06pm

i'm not sure, but it appears that you need some non-standard video drivers on your boot disk.

what happens when you boot with a normal dos boot floppy? can you see the screen?

try making a new boot disk.

i've been drooling over flat-screen monitors for several months now. which one did you get? you like it?

if that doesn't work, ask here:

http://servicenews.symantec.com/cgi-bin/browse.cgi?group=symantec.support.networ...

IP Logged

dsmith
N00b

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

CANADA

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2001 at 10:50am

i got a 17 neovo lcd and i like it, up here in canada it has a full 3 year replacement warranty. it has a glass screen covering the delicate lcd screen so you wont be afraid to touch it. it is digital or analog input. ive had it now for 3 months and really like it . i was given the opertunity to try 3 other monitors which i did, nec, samsung, and sony we have a computer place which im sure you do where you can return it for a full refund up to three weeks a gesture i always take advantage of. thanks for your site and your info

dsmith

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2001 at 6:17pm

I never heard of neovo. I know that the other 3 companies are supposed to make quality flat panels.

I didn't know a flat panel could have an analog input.

You have flat *screen* (CRT) or flat *panel* (like the kind that come with lap-tops)?

IP Logged

dsmith
N00b

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

CANADA

Reply #4 - Jan 1st, 2002 at 12:27pm

lcd like laptops a search on google should tell you about neovo they have office in calafornia

www.neove.com/ ;  i believe is there ad

they sell to company's becauce of the ptotectiove screen and i have seen reviews about them on the net

it seem i must need some driver because it wont even show in partition magic it displays text when starting from the disk but not when it loads the program

david

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print