Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using Ghost with Go Back 3.0 (Read 5390 times)
jimbo1
N00b

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Ct.

Using Ghost with Go Back 3.0
Jan 27th, 2002 at 10:33am

Using WinXP(home) and NSW 2002 Ghost. Made the Bootable floppy using the IBM-DOS option. It booted fine, went into Ghost and I got a couple of steps in and it said the following:
" You are attempting to clone a Go-Back partition without the Go-Back drivers loaded. It can be copied on a sector basis or the operation can be aborted. We suggest you abort and reboot loading the Go-Back drivers."

I will be imaging to a separate internal hard drive. How do I re-boot with the Go-Back drivers? I have the Go-Back 3.0 CD. How do I get the drivers off it? Do I load it on the Boot Floppy I made? Is there enough room? And what happens if I copy it on a sector basis?  So many questions, so little time!!! Thanks Rad if you get to this. Jimbo1

jimbo1

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Using Ghost with Go Back 3.0
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2002 at 5:14pm

As I have no experience with GoBack .. I dunno.

Sounds like you've 'installed' go-back .. which loaded some kind of proprietay drivers.

Again, I'm not sure, but I *do* know that I had major head-aches trying to use Ghost after installing IBM Ontrack, a utility for IDE hard drives which installs a propriarary 'driver overlay'. I'm not sure what that is, but I know Ghost don't like it.

I have since foresworn off any utility that installs a proprietary 'driver overlay'. If GoBack does this, I'd get rid of it. If it doesn't, then let me know what you discover from your journey.  Smiley

IP Logged

jimbo1
N00b

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Ct.

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2002 at 8:52am

Hi Rad. Figured out how to turn off Go Back. I have version 3.1. Go to options and click disable. With it off, Ghost works. I would like to copy my whole hard drive, but not clone it because of the problem of the system not knowing which hard drive to choose and then it writes zeros and screws up both. Can I do a   local>disk>image?    instead of a local>disk>disk. If I do an image will that prevent the system reading it on boot up and keep my sytem okay? Need help on this one. Thanks. Jimbo

jimbo1

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2002 at 2:55pm

I'm surprised that you didn't have to *uninstall* goback.

you can do local>disk>image long as you have enuf space in the destination (drive/partition) to receive the image.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print