HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost version 6 (Read 5149 times)
Stickman
Ex Member

Ghost version 6
Feb 18th, 2002 at 10:32pm

I have only started using ghost recently to help build a standard image for PC's. I have a range of Toshiba's, IBM's and Compaq's that I must be able to image.
Do I need to make a seperate image for each type of laptop ?
I built an image on a Toshiba and loaded it on a compaq and received a Inaccessable_Boot_Device. I understand that there are different device drivers for the HD controllers and HDD, but i was told that Ghost did have capabilities to overcome this.
Am I misunderstood ?

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Ghost version 6
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2002 at 12:36am

You misunderstood.

Ghost merely images whatever drivers (for whatever hardware) you have loaded in your system. And it simply restores the image that you created. You will need a separate image for each machine. The only time you can use the same image for different machines is when they contain identical components.

If you think about it for a sec, the light will go on and you will go, 'Doh!' Smiley

Rad

IP Logged

Oz
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2002 at 5:33am

Thanks (Stickman rebirthed)
I thought you could edit the image in a windows based app. , that would be cool.

Again many thanks ... Grin

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2002 at 6:54am

You're prolly thinking of 'Ghost Explorer' which allows you to replace individual files in an image. I've never used it myself, but it would seem difficult to do what you want to do, cuz you'd have to get all the files correct and if you over-looked any one file, you'd have problems with the system.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print