Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Second SCSI HDD not showing in Windows? (Read 20082 times)
EvilHorace
Dude

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Milwaukee, WI

Re: Second SCSI HDD not showing in Windows?
Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2002 at 5:25pm

No NTFS. I posted the story at their technical forum so we'll see. The new HDD's fully functional so all I'd gain from all this is
(maybe) a tad more speed? Do you know just how much faster the new 36LP is over the older X15, like is all this really necessary?

[img]http://www.pcabusers.com/images/evil2.gif[img]
IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2002 at 5:27pm

It's not gonna be a big diff.

IP Logged

EvilHorace
Dude

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Milwaukee, WI

Reply #17 - Mar 17th, 2002 at 6:40pm

That's what I was thinking. I'll see what their tech support people say but if it's a big cluster F#%!, I'll just keep the drive arrangement as is but get the drive lettering squared away. If nothing else, PC Pitstop will probably fix that in a second with their 'autofix' when it sees a drive lettering problem.

Did you figure out your X15 problem yet?

IP Logged

Rad_XP

Reply #18 - Mar 17th, 2002 at 6:58pm

Gonna re-install from ground zero. Haven't had to do that for >18 months.

Good excuse to get new CPU I been wanting. CPU legacy looks like this:

C300a @464 (all b-cuz of EvilHorace)
P3-700 @938 (dbl the MHz)
P4-1.6A @ 2.13 (crossed fingers)

The thing is, I got this shiny new X15 & I can't really put it to work yet.

IP Logged

EvilHorace
Dude

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Milwaukee, WI

Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2002 at 12:38am

My 2 seem A-OK at 1 ghz (the T-bird doesn't like OCing anymore, but no problemo).
   I'm STILL not tempted to make another cpu speed jump as it'll now mean cpu, mobo, ram and even ALOT more $$$.

My main PC is still the fastest I've used to date and does everything I need it to do so I can't justify spending more cash for all that now. Besides, The Mustang's at the body shop, stripped down to bare metal and soon to be painted Pearl White (bluish tint) which won't be exactly cheap. The old paint looked terrible up close, was a bad job so once done, the car will be (almost) tweaked.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2002 at 10:41am

saw pictures of your stang .. nice.

when i was 16, my boss (gas station) let me borrow '62 red vet for a night, if i'd wash & wax it for him. boner-city.

i usually upgrade every 18-months - 2 yrs. the good part is that i don't have to buy a whole new system (monitor, case, psu, hard drives, burner, gfx card, nic, sound, scsi, etc.) .. all i need is mobo/ram/cpu, which are comparatively cheap, especially ala pricewatch. heck, my monitor alone cost more than all 3 put together.

but you're right, i don't need the extra perf. if i wasn't gonna re-do my system, i wouldn't be upgrading either. that's why i ordered the cheapie/baby northwood (1.6a) .. for a measly $135 .. that's about what i paid for my c300a. the 2.2 is ~$600 (p2-450 at the time).

IP Logged

EvilHorace
Dude

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Milwaukee, WI

Reply #21 - Mar 20th, 2002 at 8:02am

Let me know how the new PC turns out. 2.2 ghz does sound tempting but for me, I doubt that more cpu speed is necessary as I really don't NEED it.
   The notion of doing what was required to Ghost my original HDD in MS-DOS, which was what was suggested, looked (to me) like such a possible cluster that I opted to forget about it altogther. I moved all my games, pics, etc onto the new X15, used Partition Magic 7.0 to merge 2 out of 3 partitions on the original X15 (still need 2 as it dual boots) and that worked perfectly. I now have one 6 gig
Win98SE partition and one larger 12 gig Win2K partition (almost empty now) on the original X15. Defragged the drives, re-lettered the new HDD to E, fixed game shortcuts and now everything's just ducky Smiley

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #22 - Mar 20th, 2002 at 10:58am

Some ppl have all the luck.  Tongue

Cool thing about the 1.6A is that, even at 2.13GHz, it blows away a regular P4 2.2GHz system ($600 chip) cuz memory is running at PC1066 speeds (w/ PCI + AGP running at default speeds).

Supposedly the dbl-sided Samsung chips w/ Samsung PCB can run reliably at PC1120 to PC1180 speeds. I guess we'll see. Official PC1066 RDRAM is supposed to be released April/May, so the technology should already be in place.

Intel is getting 2GHz from their (0.18-micron) Williamette chip, so 2.1GHz from a (0.13-micron) Northwood seems like a no-brainer. Ppl are right now getting over 2.6GHz with these same chips (Northwood 0.13-micron).

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print