Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mouse Support....or NOT (Read 2175 times)
PaulG
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

near Boston

Mouse Support....or NOT
Apr 22nd, 2002 at 2:03pm

Here's a newbie experience that might help others, plus some other questions I need help on.

When I tried to use Ghost on my new Gateway system under XP, I found that I had lost mouse support (which worked just fine on my Win98 system).  It took some head-scratching for me to realize that the Gateway mouse was USB-infrared, which I guess is not supported under DOS (??).  Plugging a regular PS-2 mouse into the available port solved that problem.  Mouse returned, and Ghost imaging went just fine.

Now questions:

1. Is there a way to make a DOS disk that WILL support a USB infrared mouse?  I don't want to have to use two of them!

2. Why couldn't I proceed w/o mouse support?  When I reached the screen with the drop-down selector for my image destination drive, I couldn't find a key combo that would get me through this.  Arrow keys didn't seem to help.  I had to Ctrl-C out of that.

3. My logical drives under XP that are used to hold Ghost images show up with different letters when I boot under DOS.  I guess this is becuz Ghost doesn't recognize the NTFS parititons (logical drives) on my system--only the FAT32 image destination drives (created for that purpose).  Is this right?  I assume there's no way to fix this confusing wrinkle.  It did surprise me, 'tho, and means you'd better provide useful "labels" for your extended drives/parititons.

4. I used the same DOS boot disk that I had used for my Win98 system.  Should I have an XP version for my XP system?

As always, tnx for any help.
    -PaulG

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print