HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drive Partitioning (Read 4279 times)
Canuck
Ex Member

Drive Partitioning
May 8th, 2002 at 3:02pm

This site is excellent!  I am a new member and am looking for some advice, besides "buy a new PC".  I have an older PC PII 350.  I am currently using Windows 98 with an 8GB drive.  I am adding a 20GB drive.  I was thinking of loading Windows 2000 on the 8GB drive and using that for work, since I work at home and am using mainly remote mainframe systems.  I was going to load Windows XP on the 20GB drive for personal use.  Most of my home use is internet, email  and occasional game playing.  I was going to format the new drive with a FAT32 partition to store the drive image from the 8GB using Norton Ghost.  I was also going to use the old 8GB to store an image of the 20GB and use for work. 
My question is, how should I size the partitions on both the drives?

Thanks

Canuck

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Drive Partitioning
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2002 at 7:43pm

partitioning is a personal thing. hopefully u have already read this:

http://partition.radified.com/

since u alrady have w98 on the 8 gb drive, i would partition the 20 gigger into at least 2, better 3 equal parts & install w2k to the first partition.

IP Logged

Canuck
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 8th, 2002 at 8:17pm

Thanks for the reply.  I have read the informative link on partitioning. I am actually thinking of loading W2K on the 8 gigger and WXP on the 20.  Just wondering what size and how many partitions for each of the drives, given what I am using them for.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2002 at 11:12pm

i would break the 20 gb in half, + the 8 gigger into 6+2.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print