HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with CUSL2 BIOS (Read 3292 times)
johnwilson49
Ex Member

Help with CUSL2 BIOS
Jul 9th, 2002 at 6:17pm

I noticed that back in Feb Rad had problems with a CUSL2 motherboard after flashing the BIOS.

I am now in a similar position. I had a CUSL2 motherboard with 1002 version BIOS and downloaded & flashed version 1009, all seemed to go okay. After rebooting the screen was completely blank until windows 98 starts booting. I have multiple hardware configurations setup in Windows so I get a prompt to choose, this prompt occurs but is invisible, I can enter the config number and continue. Once Windows 98 starts to boot sudenly the screen comes alive, I can see the last page of AUTOEXEC commands. And once properly in windows all seems to be okay.  ???

I tried switching of the power and removing the battery a couple of times, the second time for at least 30 mins.

In Windows SiSOft Sandra reports that the BIOS is Version 1009.

When I flashed the BIOS I did do a backup.

I wanted to flash the BIOS so that I could install a new faster Celerion 1.1Ghz processor. Would it be safe to do this now? Any ideas on how to reset the BIOS and try again?

Any Help would be gratefully received. Cry

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Help with CUSL2 BIOS
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2002 at 6:34pm

strange, cuz it works okay once in windows.

floppies are known to go bad, at least certain sectors.

many ppl suggest loading set-up defaults both before & after flashing.

yanking the battery for 30 mins should get you back to default-land.

try the guys at asusboards.com.

http://www.asusboards.com/vbulletin/

that's where i go to get help with my asus boards. nice group of guys there. very helpful.

also, realize that there are several different bios versions, cuz there are several different versions of the cusl2: -c, -m, etc. Also, each board has a separate version for those with onboard sound, and those without. Make sure you're using the correct version. I used 1009 without any problems. Altho, I think I first had to reboot a few times.

I am now using the Asus P4T-E mobo (bios v1005) with a P4-1.6A Northwood (o/c to 2138MHz).

IP Logged

johnwilson49
Ex Member

;DRe: Help with CUSL2 BIOS
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2002 at 5:50pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sorry for the delay in responding as I have been busy. I have just got arround to trying again.

Yanking the battery & removing the mains power eventually did the trick & video returned. Now have nice new Celerin 1.1 up & running.

Thanks again for the help. Grin

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Help with CUSL2 BIOS
Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2002 at 9:04pm

I've had to yank the battery many times myself.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print