Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2002 Problems (Read 9307 times)
Steve Olson

Ghost 2002 Problems
Aug 11th, 2002 at 1:56am

I have tried to Image a Drive using ghost 2002.

Windows XP Pro, 512MB RAM, 1.7Ghz P4 Processor, 56X CD-ROM Drive, 60GB Hard Drive (Only 3-4GB Used on this drive) on the System to be imaged:. Ghost seems to be auto-spanning the file at 2GB, even tho it's a 3.2GB hard drive, formatted for FAT32.  Does anyone know if the PC-DOS used on the Ghost-Made Boot Disks by default will not properly handle FAT32, or will not handle a file bigger than 2GB?

Also, I have Created both a 3 CD Set and a 4-CD Set (High Compression on 3-CD , and Fast Compression on 4-CD ) of CD-R Disks to do a restore using a Plextor 24x10x40 CD-RW Drive from another PC.  I actually verified the 4-CD set and it passed. But the resulting CD Set Dies with a compression Error part-way through the 1st CD. 

The attempt to restore was made on 3 successive New PCs with identical hardware, with the same results.

I made the Ghost CD Sets bootable, using the Ghost-made CD-ROM boot floppy.

Anyone have any ideas?

-- Steve Olson

IP Logged

Steve Olson

Re: Ghost 2002 Problems
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2002 at 12:45pm

I found the info on the main Radified site about the problems with PCDOS vs MSDOS on the boot floppies made by Ghost...

I certainly hope just replacing my files on the FLoppy will allow me to CLone to an image on a FAT32 Hard Drive... Still have a problem with the CDs....

-- Steve Olson

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2002 at 1:48pm

can't hurt to give it a try.

IP Logged

Steve Olson

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2002 at 11:22am

Still having trouble... Image file tops out at 2GB even with using Win98SE System Files instead of PC-DOS...

BUT, I just Hit Enter when it asks for more media, and it writes a second file with the rest of the backup (2nd is only about 300-400 MB). This verifies fine, and works, so I'm not altogether unhappy, but it is an annoyance.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2002 at 11:55am

? have u read step #1 here:

http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_2.htm

IP Logged

Steve Olson

Reply #5 - Aug 25th, 2002 at 1:16am

I have succeeded in creating a DOS network boot disk to go to a machine on my domain... will see if it will allow me to do an image write/restore across a network without the "full" version of Ghost... I have Ghost 2002 PE, not 7.5...  I don't really care if it spans as long as it works... can you force a span size over 2GB... I read somewhere that DOS, even WIn 98+ versions can only handle files up to 2GB...

BTW... The Ghost guide is AWESOME...

IP Logged

Steve Olson

Reply #6 - Aug 25th, 2002 at 1:21am

Yes, Part 1 of the RAD Ghost guide is where I read the DOS limits, but forgot...

I don't know why I forgot, as it's a main part of section 1 in the making an image section....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print