Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost Problems: disk out-ot-space message (Read 4030 times)
John Rossie

Ghost Problems: disk out-ot-space message
Oct 19th, 2002 at 7:51pm

I've been using Ghost v.2002 only a short while. I run a c: drive and a second drive that has 3 FAT-32 particians. I had put the c:/ ghost image on partician E: once a week for the past couple months. It is large enough to hold 2 images - the current and the last previous. In making the image, Ghost went right through, start to finish, no interrupts. THEN I decided I'd burn a CD of the C:/ which took 2 CDs. All went well.
     NOW, however, when I attempt to update the image onto the E: partician, Ghost tells me there's not enough space and asks for new media. I know there is plenty of space on the E: partician even if I don't compress. I cleaned it and defragged it, but still Ghost reports it had run out of room.
     It appears that Ghost is "stuck in a gear" that thinks I am writing to the CD ... the first part of the Image does in fact show up on the E: partition. But it's asking for new media to write to even though there are several gigabytes of space available, more than enough to complete the Image.
     Has anyone run into this and what is the fix?  Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Ghost Problems: disk out-ot-space message
Reply #1 - Oct 20th, 2002 at 1:28pm

try right-clicking on your rcycle bin & emptying the trash & norton protected files, and whatever else you might find there.

IP Logged

John Rossie

Re: Ghost Problems: disk out-ot-space message
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2002 at 12:14pm

It actually goes deeper than that. When I clean up my disk and files,  I use EASYCLEANER plus a Fred-Langa-Special batch file that does other disk cleaning/file dumping. The disk properties show that my C: drive has 4.85 Gig of used space, and my E: drive (my destination location) has 9.52 Gig of Free Space. All was working well prior to my putting a C: backup onto CDs (2 or them) .... and that's where the new imaging seems to be stopping - at about an amount that was able to fit onto the first CD. I'm certain I'm choosing the E: drive (disk partition on drive 2) in these last attempts to get an updated image to the second hard drive (RAID style). I'm stumped.... it seriously acts like it's "stuck" in a mode of thinking I'm still trying to back-up to a CD!
     -Rossie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print