Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ghost won't see image file (Read 21217 times)
Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost won't see image file
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 12:22pm

@
classic

I tried it on another computer and wrote a .gho (password protected) to a NTFS and a FAT32 partition. Both files were seen from Ghost 2003.

On re-reading your initial post I suspect you are seeing the Ghost 2003 "bug". Easy to test. Write two .gho files to the SAME folder you normally use for password protected files. Make one password protected and the other not. Can you see one, both or neither from a Ghost 2003 DOS restore?

IP Logged

classic
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #16 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 1:15am

@Brian
Quote:
     " Write  two .gho files to the SAME folder you normally use for password protected files. Make one password protected and the other not. Can you see one, both or neither from a Ghost 2003 DOS restore?"
     ->To my surprise, I can see both files!
Few months before when I had made password protected .gho files, I had came across this issue (i.e. not seeing .gho file in DOS). Files had passed integrity check & were readable in ghost explorer.
Unfortunately I had deleted those .gho files months ago, so i cannot re-evaluate those images at the present moment.
One thing needs further research- exactly what happens during image creation so that image SOMETIMES becomes unreadable in DOS. Also this case is rare.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #17 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 1:45am

@
classic

Thanks for doing that test. I think you experienced the Ghost 2003 bug. You mentioned Quote:
dropdown menu
and Quote:
(i.e. path)of image file in the proper field
Ghost 2003 can't use the mouse to scroll to an entry outside the drop down box field and a partition appears to be missing. But you can scroll with the keyboard down arrow.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print