Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost Explorer Help wanted Please (Read 3873 times)
yarddog1953
Ex Member

Ghost Explorer Help wanted Please
Aug 5th, 2004 at 12:53am

I imaged my Win XP Pro to a 12 set CD using Ghost and all turned out sucessful....did an image integrety check and all was ok too....now I want to view the files in Explorer, but when I put in the first file of the set, it tells me to insert the last file of the set....I did that....hit F5 to refresh and double click to open that file and Explorer tells me to insert the 1st file again......on and on....1st, last....1st....last...  Will anyone tell me what to do so I can view my files using Explorer? Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Dilbert

Re: Ghost Explorer Help wanted Please
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 1:20am

???

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 1:50am

yarddog1953

Apparently, if using the ntfs file format, files are not saved in a linear fashion.  Different parts of the file are in different locations--so Ghost has dutifully saved those parts on different locations on different CD's.

If you have a DVD or CD ROM in addition to your burner, you might be able to put one disk in one drive and a second CD in the other drive to avoid swapping every time.

Or you could copy the images temporarily onto you hard drive, if you have room, and use the copy on the hard drive to view files.  When done--delete them.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

yarddog1953
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 5th, 2004 at 7:25pm

Thanks for your reply, I'll try that and see if it'll work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print