Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

'Tell me I'm wrong.'
Sep 10th, 2004 at 11:08pm

Radministrator

Quote:
If it were *their* kids dying in Iraq and showing up on the 6 o'clock new every night, you could be damn-skippy sure this war would be over right quick. Tell me I'm wrong. I dare ya.

I'll tell you you're right! 

Should have been Bush's daughters busted up--not Jessica Lynch.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: 'Tell me I'm wrong.'
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 1:00am

I saw the hour-long special tonight aired on "Now with Bill Moyers".

http://www.pbs.org/now/politics/911election2004.html

The best presentation of what happened during and leading up to 9/11 I've ever seen. Much of the 9/11 commission's findings were incorporated. Superb 3-D graphics.

Regarding our government, the people we pay large sums to protect us, one thought was echoing thru my mind the whole time during this special: incompetance. I mean, it was probably closer to criminal negligence. Sad, pathetic, incompetence.

Oh, I almost forget .. welcome back!  Grin

We missed ya. How was yer vacation?

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2004 at 2:24am

Radministrator

Quote:
How was yer vacation?

Enjoyed my trip to Sweden!  Also spend two days on the 'Norway in a Nutshell' tour where you take the train from Oslo, Norway west through the mountains of Norway, then onto a fiord boat tour, and then back to the train and onto Bergen, Norway on day one, and then spent a day in Bergen. 

The people were great in both Sweden and Norway.  Enjoyed the sights.  Had some interesting new foods--reindeer was excellent, as were the crayfish!.  The 'authentic English' fish-n-chips at the Bergen fish market was wonderful! 

I was impressed by the positive attitude towards the environment--everywhere was so clean and well maintained in comparison to what I see too commonly in the USA here.  And the many pedestrian and bikeways were great too.

But the 'jet lag' I could do without.  First day there I was a zombie, but got over it quickly--but now that we're back here, for the last three days I want to fall asleep around 3 or 4 in the afternoon!

But all and all a very good vacation and a worthwhile trip.

I'd like to share a couple digital photos--how can I do that in the forums?

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2004 at 3:25am

You need a web site/server to post the photos.

If you don't have one, then send them to my email addy & I'll post them for you.

DEpending on their size, you might run into attachment size restrictions. Do you have some jpeg compression software? Such as Photoshop?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print