Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is Ghost 2003 located on the Ghost 9 OEM CD? (Read 34042 times)
Corbin OReilly

Is Ghost 2003 located on the Ghost 9 OEM CD?
Apr 5th, 2005 at 12:29pm

Hello. Is the Ghost 2003 install located somewhere on the Norton Ghost 9 OEM CD? I heard that it was but I can not find it. Thanks. Corbin.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Is Ghost 2003 located on the Ghost 9 OEM CD?
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 12:30am

Hey Corb.

Can you tell me where you got the OEM CD?

Notice here:

http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/features.html

.. where it says under "features":

Norton Ghost 2003 is included to back up and restore data to: Windows 9x, Me, NT; Linux®; and DOS systems.

I think somebody said Ghost 2003 was contained in a folder on the CD labeled "Ghost".

If what you say is true, I will need to rev the guide to reflect that.

IP Logged

Dan Goodell
Special Guest

N California

Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 5:08am

Quote:
Norton Ghost 2003 is included to back up and restore data to: Windows 9x, Me, NT; Linux®; and DOS systems.

I think somebody said Ghost 2003 was contained in a folder on the CD labeled "Ghost".

If what you say is true, I will need to rev the guide to reflect that.

Rad, I'm not sure what Corbin meant by OEM CD, but in the retail version Ghost 2003 is not included on the Ghost 9 CD.  Ghost 2003 is on a separate CD that comes tossed into the same box with the Ghost 9 CD.

(FTR, I prefer and still use DriveImage 2002, but since that's no longer available I've been recommending to clients that they buy Ghost 9 just to get the Ghost 2003 CD, and use that.  Like you, I always image from outside Windows and never had a problem with either DI 2002 or Ghost 2003 when used from DOS.  IME, people who ran into trouble with DriveImage were almost always using a Windows version.)

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #3 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 10:48am

Quote:
"... but since that's no longer available I've been recommending to clients that they buy Ghost 9 just to get the Ghost 2003 CD, and use that..."

Dan Goodell

Today, to the best of my knowledge, the cheapest route to Ghost 2003 remains with purchasing the Norton SystemWorks 2003 Professional OEM CD suite (available in the US from RowCal.com for
$7.00 USD with free delivery!
) - check at URL below:

http://www.rowcal.com/product_info.php/cPath/41_43_46/products_id/610?osCsid=f78...

El Pescador

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 12:03pm

Separate CD? Okay.

When taking a photograph (an "image"), you get better results when everything is still. That's why the pro's use a tripod. DOS is our tripod. 

I included a link to your bargain-priced copy of NSW 2003 Pro in the guide, under the section labeled: Getting your copy here:

http://ghost.radified.com/ghost_1a.htm

Actualy, the link I have is:

http://www.rowcal.com/product_info.php/products_id/610

.. which is a little different, but seems to take you to the same place. I have included plenty of these bargain links over the years, but they always seem to go bad on me.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 3:41pm

Quote:
"... I have included plenty of these bargain links over the years, but they always seem to go bad on me..."

Radministrator

Actually, I am surprised that the 'link-to-the-bargain' you posted still worked ... LOL !!!

My previous source for NSW 2003 Pro informed me last autumn that there are no more copies to be had in his 'pipeline'.  RowCal.com has already 'dried up' once earlier this year, but apparently made another connection.

Be advised that they have two stock numbers and two prices ($7 versus $10) for the very same item. To confirm my suspicions, my last order was for five of the former and one of the latter - and I received six identical copies of NSW 2003 Pro - so go figure.  I am guessing that their current stock of single copies is derived from breaking up 5-packs and 10-packs.  When I deliberately ordered a five-pack last year (paying a slight premium to do so), they nonetheless sent me five loose singles.

El Pescador

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2005 at 3:44pm

If you let me know when/if the link changes, I'll try to keep it current. Dead links infer neglect.

UPDATE: 07.april - I updated the guide today to reflect Dan's clarifications regarding Ghost 2003 coming on a separate CD in the retail version of the Ghost 9 box,. and included a link to this thread.

IP Logged

eleandro costa

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 7:50pm

Quote:
Hello. Is the Ghost 2003 install located somewhere on the Norton Ghost 9 OEM CD? I heard that it was but I can not find it. Thanks. Corbin.

IP Logged

diego henrique

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2006 at 11:30am

Quote:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print