Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Using Bart's PE Bootable CD/DVD with Ghost 9 (Read 301972 times)
James Ashby

Re: Using Bart's PE Bootable CD/DVD with Ghost 9 o
Reply #30 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 7:21pm

Rad wrote on Nov 17th, 2005 at 2:59pm:
Changed title of thread to include Ghost 10: "
Ghost 9 or 10
".

I wish that there WAS a Ghost 10 plugin for Bart PE !!

As far as I know, the Bart PE boot solution ONLY works for Ghost 9 !!

I would love to be corrected, though, because then I can actually use Ghost 10 on my system (my machine BSODs on the Ghost 10 Recovery CD, but Bart PE loads like a charm).

You got my hopes up there, Rad, and then dashed them to the rocks after a brief Google search!  Smiley

-James

IP Logged

brad bortner

Reply #31 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 12:35am

I got past the bsod with ghost 10 by loading SATA drivers, even though it claimed they were not necessary. Once I did that, it loaded ok, but I could never get it to see my external USB drives. Stick with ghost 9. 10 is a time sucker...

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #32 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 1:21am

You can't modify the BartPE CD to use Ghost 10?

IP Logged

James Ashby

Reply #33 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 12:45pm

Quote:
I got past the bsod with ghost 10 by loading SATA drivers, even though it claimed they were not necessary. Once I did that, it loaded ok, but I could never get it to see my external USB drives. Stick with ghost 9. 10 is a time sucker...

Whoa!  Excuse me if I pounce on you!!  Another user of the Ghost 10 Recovery Disc that gets BSODs?

PLEASE, provide me with details!  Your motherboard, exactly how the BSOD manifested itself and, most important, how you accomplished the workaround!  No external USB drives, though, eh?

Thanks!

-James

IP Logged

James Ashby

Reply #34 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 12:48pm

Rad wrote on Dec 2nd, 2005 at 1:21am:

Not that I am aware of!  I got excited when I first had problems with the Ghost 10 Recovery Environment and read about the Bart PE CD, but on experimentation, it ONLY works for Ghost 9.  If someone would write a plugin for Ghost 10, we would be in luck, however I have yet to see one.

I would really like it if someone could prove me wrong, but as far as I know, the Bart PE CD solution is only a workaround for Ghost 9 users.

-James

IP Logged

brad bortner

Reply #35 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 9:22pm

BSOD issue. My machine is a dell 8400. My workaround was to PF6 to load the SATA drivers from Dell, instead of using those ghost 10 wsa trying to use.

I have since returned ghost 10 and reverted to 9. 10 is WAY too buggy. I could never even get it to recognized a USB hard drive. Life is too short....

Brad

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Reply #36 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 9:23pm

I thot they were pretty much the same prgm. Let's see what Mr. Brian has to say.

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Reply #37 - Dec 2nd, 2005 at 11:51pm

Rad

I think Brian's off-line for a few days--so be patient with a response.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

brad bortner

Reply #38 - Dec 3rd, 2005 at 9:38am

My sense is that the PC based program is pretty much the same program with some ease of use improvements, but they mucked up the rescue environment CD. Lots of issues with not recognizing external usb drives, etc.

IP Logged

XPAddict
N00b

Reply #39 - Dec 4th, 2005 at 5:16pm

I mentioned this on another post regarding Ghost 10.  The underlying functional difference between Ghost 9 & Ghost 10 recovery environment is that the latter (10) is based off of Windows PE 2005 - the latest "Pre-Installation" environment from Microsoft.  Underlying issuse such as BSOD's caused by storage drivers as evidenced in this thread are related to the version that is provided to Symantec OR from their source of media when they customize their tool.  It is a common occurence with PE-based solutions that you need to occasionally update storage drivers, NIC's, etc. - it is apparent from this thread & others that Symantec simply didn't have an adequate test environent before releasing the new version, or they would have discovered the issue and fixed before release.

As to getting a working Ghost 10 plugin working under BartPE (different than WinPE) it is likely simply a change in the registry settings that are loaded when BartPE boots.  I don't have either program currently, so can't guess what settings are needed to enable Ghost 10 to work w/BartPE.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Re: Using Bart's PE Bootable CD/DVD with Ghost 9
Reply #40 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 1:02pm

OKay, I changed the title of the thread back to its original, for Ghost 9 only, and removed the reference to Ghost 10. If someone knows the mojo on how to get BartPE CD to work with Ghost 10, then we can create a separate thread for that.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #41 - Dec 5th, 2005 at 1:31pm

Rad wrote on Dec 5th, 2005 at 1:02pm:
OKay, I changed the title of the thread back to its original, for Ghost 9 only, and removed the reference to Ghost 10. If someone knows the mojo on how to get BartPE CD to work with Ghost 10, then we can create a separate thread for that.

Thanks Rad.  I think the issue/question for Ghost 10 was best expressed by XPAddict--how to update the Windows PE environment to add drivers etc and get a new ISO.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #42 - Dec 7th, 2005 at 4:37pm

Rad wrote on Dec 2nd, 2005 at 1:21am:

Afraid not. Frodo (author of Ghost 9 plugin) wrote to this forum last month and said he was working on a Ghost 10 plugin and would let us know when it was ready.

IP Logged

bradbortner

Reply #43 - Dec 7th, 2005 at 9:26pm

While attempting to create the iso file for the Bart PE, I received the following errors in the log:

Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\HPPAppActivity.log" to "C:\reatogo-25-6a\ReatogoPE\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\HPPAppActivity.log" returned error 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\HPPHomePageActivity.log" to "C:\reatogo-25-6a\ReatogoPE\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\HPPHomePageActivity.log" returned error 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Builder has stopped because there are 2 build errors

It then terminated before making the ISO file. Can anyone give me some insight into what went wrong.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #44 - Dec 7th, 2005 at 9:57pm

Brad, initially I'd try downloading the Reatogo exe file and starting again. If that doesn't work I'd move the HPPAppActivity.log to somewhere else on the computer and try building again. Then move the file back. I don't have that file.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print