Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 9 Not Seeing HDDs (Read 2619 times)
Frank Coleman

Ghost 9 Not Seeing HDDs
Jul 20th, 2005 at 8:26pm

Had SMART warning messages about my C: HDD so decided to install a new one. Using Ghost 9 for first time made image file of C: and stored it on my other HDD D:. Took out failing HD and put in new one. Used Ghost CD to boot into recovery environment. Navigated through all the stages upto the point where you have to chose an image file to restore. Discovered that neither of my HDDs were showing in the "Browse" dialogue, so impossible to continue any further.

All (3) HDDs are Maxtor PATA. Running Win XPSP2

Can't believe that I need to load drivers for PATA drives, but I must admit I'm not very clued up on all this.

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed any light on all of this.

Problem solved by using the "copy" mode in Windows, after putting old C: drive back in and replacing original D: drive with new HDD. Worked perfectly, but I'm still puzzled why Ghost might not be able to see any HDDs in recovery environment.

Thanks for any help.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost 9 Not Seeing HDDs
Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2005 at 4:04am

Frank, are your HD's connected to a PCI controller card that needs drivers? At present Ghost 9 is of little value to you as you can't restore your system drive. A BartPE/Ghost CD may or may not work, but it's worth trying as you are snookered at present.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11192...

Especially the first and last post. Let us know if you can see your HD's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print