Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hard drive full error with file spanning (Read 23083 times)
Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Hard drive full error with file spanning
Reply #15 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 7:41am

Quote:
I saw a tutorial on here somewhere on how to slipstream a raid driver into a boot disk like BartPE...  I'll have to see if I can find it again.

Just put your floppy disc RAID driver files in the  BartPE  drivers\SCSIAdapter folder.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #16 - Oct 24th, 2005 at 3:12pm

If you keep/make notes about your experiences with Drive Image XML, I'll update the guide to include your impressions.

IP Logged

Eric Bilodeau

Reply #17 - Dec 9th, 2005 at 11:38am

Hi folks,

Just letting you know that I came accross the same message by trying to backup a local drive to a network share from DOS with Ghost 8. Tried everything without success. Now it's working and I simply copied the g80.exe to the network share and lauched it from there. I also included the -OR parameter to prevent ghost from checking disk space no other parameter where used. Hope that help you out.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2006 at 1:16am

MrMagoo wrote on Oct 24th, 2005 at 3:35am:
Confident that I had several Ghost 9 images on a physically seperate hard drive, I reinstalled my original hardware and poped in the restore CD.  In the end, one of my images was corrupt, another didn't restore correctly after several tries, and the third was so old that it wasn't of much use to me.  One image restored successfully, but Windows was unstable. 

MrMagoo,

I must have missed this post. Any further information about this situation with the corrupt Ghost 9 images. Were you verifying the images at the time of backup? Did you verify the images in the RE prior to restore? Did the images pass "verify" but wouldn't restore anyway? Was the storage HD OK?

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Reply #19 - Aug 31st, 2006 at 1:43am

I think that I did verify the image after creating it, but I don't remember if I verified before restoring.  It has been quit a while now...

I don't have any reason to place blame on the storage drive.  It was working fine at the time (although it has since failed due to a power surge.)

I don't have any further updates because I switched to Linux early this year.  Instead of Ghost, which can't read RiserFS or my software RAID, I now use a combination of cron, rsync, and tar to automatically backup my computer accross the network and compress the files on an automated schedule.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print