Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Live State Recovery too many incrementals (Read 3160 times)
EZstreet
Ex Member

Live State Recovery too many incrementals
Nov 15th, 2005 at 1:44pm

Hey all,

I have a question about Live State Recovery Desktop 3.0.  I have it setup on about 5 PCs so far and it works fine but it is doing something strange.  I have it doing a full backup on Mondays at 10:00 PM and incrementals other days at 12:00 PM.  The only tiriggered events I have selected are "new application install and when writes to hard drive exceed 100MB."  Even though these are the only events I hvae selected it does incrementals about 10-12 times per day.  I know neither of these events are actually happening and I was just wondering if you guys could tell me why the incrementals are occuring.  They range in size from 1 MB to 250 MB.  The baseline on each is about 5 GB.

Thanks in advance,

EZ

IP Logged

Spanky

Re: LSR too many incrementals
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2005 at 2:46pm

Not many posts about Live State Recovery. How do you like it? other than the issue with incrementals?

http://sea.symantec.com/content/product.cfm?productid=25

IP Logged

Kitoo

Re: Live State Recovery too many incrementals
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2006 at 9:14pm

Its recommended that you perform a scan disk and defrag to eliminate errors and bad clusters, that should at least trim down the size of your baselines.  The other is if you have a virus scan running you may want to exclude all iv2i and v2i extensions.  As far as how many times its running (your incrementals) I would check the times this occurs and define if these events are during the time you specified or triggered.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print