Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
GHOST 10.0 Bootable CD (Read 5845 times)
crazigee

GHOST 10.0 Bootable CD
Dec 12th, 2005 at 12:21pm

Hi,

I decided thsi year to upgrade my norton ghost to the current 10.0. With my old version of ghost I could create a bootable CD that I could carry with me if I travelled in case of problems. The ghost image was all on one CD which was bootable so if I had anyproblems I just needed that one cd to restore windows and the basic programs that I need when I'm on the road.

I can't seem to find that option in ghost 10. I was hoping to make a bootable dvd with windows and a bigger number of programs. Is this still a feature on Ghost 10, and if so how do I access it.

IP Logged

Henri

Re: GHOST 10.0 Bootable CD
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 1:13pm

With Ghost 9 this was possible using a plug-in for the BartPE CD, as detailed here

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11192...

but, fare as I know, the author has not yet completed the plug-in for Ghost 10, although I believe I read somewhere that he is working on it and will let us know when it is done.

IP Logged

Pleonasm

Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 1:15pm

The simplest solution is to carry both the Symantec Recovery Disk (CD disc) and a DVD disc(s) which contain the image.

I recommend that you read chapters 5 and 11 of the Norton Ghost 10.0 User’s Guide for additional information.

IP Logged

crazigee

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 1:20pm

Pleonasm wrote on Dec 12th, 2005 at 1:15pm:
The simplest solution is to carry both the Symantec Recovery Disk (CD disc) and a DVD disc(s) which contain the image.

I recommend that you read chapters 5 and 11 of the Norton Ghost 10.0 User’s Guide for additional information.

Is the recovery disk the actual program disk? Is so will a burnt copy work? I don't want to have to carry the original with me.

Will using the recovery disk basically work in the same way that the bootable did? That being that after booting from the recovery disk I just put in my DVD into the drive and it copies the image from the DVD onto the partition?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2005 at 1:52pm

crazigee, a burnt copy will work.

See page 133 of the userguide which explains restoring from an image stored on DVD. You should actually test this function without going as far as the actual restore process.

So you need to carry two discs. Your burnt Ghost 10 CD and the DVD containing your image.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print