Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 commands (Read 5024 times)
the_boy
Ex Member

Ghost 2003 commands
Dec 15th, 2005 at 11:10pm

Hi all,
Im using ghost 2003 to backup three units to one PC stored in a safe location, different users will be backing up the units and I would like to use batch files to do this so I can ensure all backups are done correctly. Diiferent users have different understanding of computers  Roll Eyes . I have used Ghost before and Im able to use switchs etc to control Ghost once in DOS.
Q: Would some one be able to tell me how do I shut down Windows and boot into Virtual mode using a batch file.
What I would like to do is from Windows (XP) open a command Promt, type in the batch file coomand and within the batch file tells windows to reboot into Virtual mode, from there Im fine.
Is this possible?
Gary

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Re: Ghost 2003 commands
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 11:22pm

the_boy

I've not seen any way in Ghost 2003 to schedule backups--Ghost 9.x and 10.x have scheduling options.

Maybe others have thoughts on this.

You can set many of the default behaviors using the Windows Ghost interface under *Options* and then *Norton Ghost*--and there is a *Ghost Command Line* there--but I do not know if it will remember the commands from one session to another--just tried it--and closed out the program and re-loaded--the command line option was saved and brought back upon re-loading the program.

But still have to do the initial steps manually to tell Ghost to proceed to do a back up.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

the_boy
Ex Member

Re: Ghost 2003 commands
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2005 at 11:34pm

Bugger, Thanks Nightowl.
Maybe I should be looking at changing the boot file and have the user select  DOS mode, from there running the batch files are not a problem. Was reaaly hoping there was a way to do the lot from windows and keep user intervention to a minimum   Roll Eyes

Thanks for the reply
PS awesum forum  Smiley

Gary

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print