Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ASP.Net Machine A...   ??? (Read 3163 times)
Ronmar
Ex Member

ASP.Net Machine A...   ???
Dec 16th, 2005 at 12:53am

Immediately after installing Ghost 10.0 a few days ago, I did a reboot.  It stopped at the Welcome/Sign In page; prior to the install, it was a quick "Push the button>Desktop came up" operation. All of a sudden, after a year of bypass,  the Welcome/SignIn page came up, requiring me  I to click on my  user name  to finish the boot.

I went to CP>User Accounts.  Lo and behold, there was another User  there besides me:  "ASP.Net Machine A..."   [I know some fairly weird people but none with that name]  Started to delete when the following popped up:  If you delete this  user account  you will lose all EFS-encrypted files....

Contacted Norton Live; after a bit of confusion on both ends, "Rajesh" determined that I needed to do a SP1 MS.Net Framework download, which I did after typing in a URL of about a thousand letters/symbols/numbers Wink

Went back to User Account>Delete the ASP.  Info window  now asked me if I wanted to save the EFS-encrypted files to a separate folder prior to deleting the "ASP" User (Rajesh told me Norton uses EFS-encryption so I clicked " save")

Finished deleting ASP User > did reboot > Windows loaded all the way to Desktop with no logon required. 

Full Backup Recovery Point I did this AM appears to still be OK.

Don't know if anyone else has ever run in to this; it sure was an adventure  Roll Eyes for me.  Merry Christmas to all.

PS:  Good job, Rajesh!

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: ASP.Net Machine A...   ???
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 2:15am

Ronmar,

I have a barebones WinXP partition which I use for occasional Ghost 10 installs. I naturally have to install ver 1.1 dot.Net framework to make Ghost work. I did notice that I had to logon to windows after Ghost 10 was installed and today I looked in User Accounts and sure enough the ASP.Net user was there. I installed the SP1 dot.Net Framework update, rebooted and didn't have to logon. The ASP.Net user was gone from User Accounts.

I'd never thought about it before but SP1 "fixed" it.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: ASP.Net Machine A...   ???
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2005 at 3:10am

Thanks for the post.

Search engines somehow find these posts and I'm sure you'll help someone searching for something like norton ghost 10 ASP.Net user account.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=norton+ghost+10+ASP.Net+user+account

Good karma.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print