Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
e-bay seller not a ebaymember anymore (Read 5216 times)
Herbie Weiler

e-bay seller not a ebaymember anymore
Feb 2nd, 2006 at 9:16pm

Hi, question to Wizard Prang:
What happens when an e-bay seller exits e-bay (not a member of e-bay anymore) ? Can he refuse to sell you the items that you bought at his auction ? My offer was not high enough for him or something?

IP Logged

Wizard Prang
N00b

A Brit in Louisville, KY

Re: e-bay seller not a ebaymember anymore
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2006 at 11:37pm

Herbie,

What you have described is one of the most disturbing things that can happen to an eBay buyer. Here is an excerpt from some of ny notes that I have not yet put on the site that may shed a little light on this unfortunate event.

=========================

“Seller is no longer registered with eBay”
If you see this after you have handed over your payment, be very concerned. While it is not a guarantee of a scam, it means that something has gone seriously amiss.

I have seen this one twice. On one of those occasions the goods arrived about a month later, the other was a total rip-off that I walked into with my eyes wide open.

If you paid out less than $25 and used a “non-trackable” method of payment – such as cash or Money Order – and the Seller then de-registers – or is booted – from eBay, you are screwed; there is no help from eBay as they will take the first $25 of your claim for processing costs.

If you paid out less than $25 and used a “non-trackable” method of payment – such as cash or Money Order – and the Seller then de-registers – or is booted – from eBay, you are screwed; there is no help from eBay as they will take the first $25 of your claim for processing costs.If you paid out less than $25 and used a “non-trackable” method of payment – such as cash or Money Order – and the Seller then de-registers – or is booted – from eBay, you are screwed; there is no help from eBay as they will take the first $25 of your claim for processing costs.

=========================

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?
IP Logged

Herbie Weiler

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 11:51am

Thanks for writing writing writing
How can you find out if e-bay booted the guy or he did it himself ?

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 5:59pm

I think the point is that it doesn't matter if he was booted or if he did it himself.  You are out your money either way.

I'm curious about what options you have if you used a trackable currency exchange, and what eBay considers trackable.  (PayPal?  Credit card?)

IP Logged

wizard_prang

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 6:02pm

I don't think that you can... though if he has had a run of negative feedbacks, you can assume that he got booted.

Have you sent off your money? If so, how did you pay?

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 6:04pm

Herbie Weiler

Quote:
How can you find out if e-bay booted the guy or he did it himself ?

Seems like you should be filing a formal complaint with Ebay.

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

Herbie Weiler

Re: e-bay seller not an ebaymember anymore
Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2006 at 6:55pm

E-bay was telling me to wait for an answer from the seller  because there was no reaction after the auction.(e-mail returned - reason : his mailbox is full) That megaseller is doing the money- and goodstransaction throu a 3rd party..called www.afterbuy.de
They told me all details online and so I orded my bank to transfer money to the sellers bankaccount. Now I am waiting..........
E-bay is not answering my e-mails , only confirming that they received my e-mail.
The feedbacks for the seller was 97.5% positive. The last buyers were complaining that it took so long to get the bought items.
BTW this seller send me e-mails to buy SW that I bid on previous auctions when I wasn't the highest bidder. Price : my last bid when I stopped bidding. Price was higher than my last sucessful auction.
What does that tell you. The B. was bidding the price too high and was sitting on his own staff. Send a copy of the e-mail to e-bay.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print