Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How long to backup in ghost 10 (Read 4239 times)
hanugro

How long to backup in ghost 10
Feb 23rd, 2006 at 4:47am

Hi all, does it take a long time for ghost 10 to calculate backup?  My friends has a 120GB Harddisk that only contain 8GB of files and tried to backup to a 250GB.  But the calculating part took 5min more with no sign of progressing so we abort it.  How long ussually it take as I never have experience in ghost 10?  It is safe to resume browsing the net while doing backup?

IP Logged

jf38081
Dude

Here we go again...

Re: How long to backup in ghost 10
Reply #1 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 5:35pm

Is the 250 internal or external?  This will affect speed.  Also the amount of RAM will affect speed.  When I clone disk to disk internally, my 80 gig with about 12 gb of data using takes about 30 minutes total.  I would watch it for at least 10 minutes before giving up. 

Also, you should be fine for surfing while it clones.
Jim

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2006 at 6:53pm

Depending on how you do it, imaging 8 GB of data could take 5 to 25 minutes.

IP Logged

ellis

Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 3:09am

Quote:
Hi all, does it take a long time for ghost 10 to calculate backup?  My friends has a 120GB Harddisk that only contain 8GB of files and tried to backup to a 250GB.  But the calculating part took 5min more with no sign of progressing so we abort it.  How long ussually it take as I never have experience in ghost 10?  It is safe to resume browsing the net while doing backup?

Twice now I've experieced the same problem with incremental backups. Ghost 10 seems to get stuck in some sort of infinite loop while accessing the hard drive to calculate the time required, so I abort the operation. Normally with an incremental backup, I've found it takes only a couple of minutes.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 3:15am

Quote:
Normally with an incremental backup, I've found it takes only a couple of minutes.

And often 15 seconds if there hasn't been any significant partition change.

IP Logged

hanugro

Reply #5 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 8:56am

Ok, we leave the PC for some time and it succeed.  We don't really knew how long it took.  Thanks guys!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print