Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with Ghost 7.5 & Laptop NIC drivers (Read 3715 times)
ATXTECH
Ex Member

Help with Ghost 7.5 & Laptop NIC drivers
Mar 17th, 2006 at 9:50am

OK, here is my deal, I am using Ghost 7.5 to try and make an image of my laptop HD. My problem is that I can't seem to make the NIC drivers work so that I can just ghost across the network (sense GHOST refuses to make an image to my external HD). Here are my specs:

Compaq Presario V2404US
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Ethernet NIC

Now I have went and downloaded every DOS driver I could find for this card off Realtek's Website but none of them seem to work. Anyone ever had any luck with drivers for this card in GHOST and if so would you be so kind as to point me to the location where I could obtain such drivers? Thankyou.

IP Logged

MrMagoo
Übermensch

Resident Linux Guru

Phoenix, AZ (USA)

Re: Help with Ghost 7.5 & Laptop NIC drivers
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2006 at 3:51pm

What error are you getting?  Is it not seeing the network card at all, or not talking to it, or not understanding the driver?  Let's try to narrow down the issue a little.

Also, what trouble are you having with your external hard dirve?  Lots of people in this forum use external drives for back-up, so it can be done.

IP Logged

ATXTECH
Ex Member

Re: Help with Ghost 7.5 & Laptop NIC drivers
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2006 at 1:19am

Basically it is saying "Fast eathernet adapter not found" (or something like that) right after it starts to load the NIC drivers. I would like to use an external drive but I want to be able to place an image on the external not ghost over the whole thing. Right now I can only ghost to an external if I ghost over the destination drive. If you could point me in the right direction for ghosting an image of my laptop drive to my external drive I would appreciate it. As well as any help in my ghost over a network problem. Thanks!

(sorry if this gets post more then once)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print