Send Topic Print
Error 8027 (Read 29908 times)
dgroover
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Avon, IN

Error 8027
Apr 17th, 2006 at 1:26pm

I have been using a floppy to boot to Ghost 2003 using an external USB WDC hard drive.  It was working very well.  Today I tried to ghost and I am receiving error 8027.  The Symantec web site is no help.  Does anyone have any ideas?

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Re: Error 8027
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 2:08pm

dgroover wrote on Apr 17th, 2006 at 1:26pm:
"... I have been using a floppy to boot to Ghost 2003 using an external USB WDC hard drive.  It was working very well.  Today I tried to ghost and I am receiving error 8027.  The Symantec web site is no help.  Does anyone have any ideas?..."
El_Pescador wrote on Jul 10th, 2004 at 7:48pm:
"... I have tried four different HDDs in USB 2.0 external enclosure kits on both of the Dell PCs mentioned above.  Once properly adjusted, three of them worked flawlessly with Ghost 2003 under all circumstances - a Maxtor 4.3GB Model Number 90432D2, a Maxtor 40GB Model Number 5T040H4, and a Seagate Barracuda 80GB Model Number ST380013AR.  The only one I ever had trouble with -
constant and repeatable - was a Western Digital Caviar 40GB Model Number WD400 in a MACE external enclosure kit running USB 2.0 through a PCI adapter card on my Dell 8100
..."

I strongly suspect that NightOwl's Panasonic Universal USB Driver routine will remedy your situation as it did mine when Error 8027 popped up.  Check the entire thread at the URL below for details on Western Digital USB external HDD difficulties:

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11140...

EP
Cry

IP Logged

dgroover
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Avon, IN

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 2:25pm

That is what I am using.  Version 2.20.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #3 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 3:09pm

dgroover wrote on Apr 17th, 2006 at 2:25pm:
"... That is what I am using.  Version 2.20..."

Hmm - is your USB port on your systemboard or on a PCI-to-USB host adapter card ?

EP
Cry

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound-USA

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 4:31pm

dgroover

Quote:
I am receiving error 8027

Usually, there is an error message along with the error #--sometimes that *message* helps point in the right direction to look.

Quote:
I have been using a floppy to boot to Ghost 2003 using an external USB WDC hard drive.  It was working very well.

Can you think of *any* system changes since the last time it worked okay--what have you been doing since that last time it worked okay?

No question is stupid...but, possibly the answers are  Wink !
(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

dgroover
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Avon, IN

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:03pm

Its a PCI USB card.  Its been working for the past months, then all of a sudden I am receiving errors.  Could specific files cause these errors?

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:15pm

dgroover

Quote:
Could specific files cause these errors?

Depends on what the *error* is!

(This is an old *NightOwl* user account--not in current use.  Current account is NightOwl without a dash at the end.)

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Reply #7 - Apr 17th, 2006 at 5:24pm

dgroover

Error: "Error: 8027 - A GeneralException occurred" while creating an image or performing an integrity check

Might try running *check disk* for any problems on the HDD media.

IP Logged

dgroover
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Avon, IN

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2006 at 9:48am

I may have found the problem, Ghost does not like Hall and Oates.  I did a chkdsk on my drives, it did not find any problems.  I tried to ghost again and it errored out on an MP3 file of Hall and Oates "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)".  I deleted it and it got to about 75% and locked up.  I will try again this afternoon.

IP Logged

ckcc
Technoluster

South Carolina, USA

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2006 at 5:49pm

Recently I was having trouble imaging  a partition on an old system I have using Ghost 2003. It would get to 25% and stop. An image file would be created but not the full size it should be. I tried several different destinations and even running ghost from the bootdisc. Kept getting the exact same output.
So I ran SpinRite on the source partition (took all night to finish). After that all worked perfectly.
It does sound like you have a troubled spot or several on your disk.

If anything can go wrong, it already did, and you just now noticed it.

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2006 at 6:40pm

FYI, see here for SpinRite:

http://www.grc.com/

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

dgroover
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Avon, IN

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 10:09am

I took the same USB drive and ghosted my wifes laptop with no problems.  So it must be hardware related.  Whenever I try to tell ghost where I want the files saved to it gives me an inconsistency exists and exits.  The error file says:

A disk error occurred
Int13 error: invalid function in AH or invalid parameter (0x01)
Generated at DiskDriveAccessInt13.cpp:248. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 10:17am

dgroover

So, is the *disk error* being reported from the USB HDD--or is it from the system's internal HDD(s)?

Can you create a successful image to another partition or internal HDD on the system without the error message?

IP Logged

dgroover
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Avon, IN

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 11:17am

no, the error is reported by Ghost.  It writes a file called ghosterr.txt.  That error was in the file.

IP Logged

NightOwl-
Übermensch

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat...."

Reply #14 - Apr 24th, 2006 at 11:28am

dgroover

But, my questiion is whether the error is regarding the USB HDD or the source internal HDD--can you post that *ghosterr.txt* file?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print