Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help. Hard Drive, will not boot. (Read 5383 times)
Derrick
N00b

Help. Hard Drive, will not boot.
May 12th, 2006 at 7:28am

Hi All

New to Ghost. I tried Ghost 2003 for the first time to day, to back up a Notebook, to an external HDD using USB 1.1. Only problem is that something went very wrong. After the computer rebooted the screen showed Booting Pc Dos. Thats it nothing happend.

Now I can't reboot the computer at all. I tried everything I can think off. Tried to reboot using the Ghost Disk, can't get the Hard Drive to reboot either.

It's like the computer been bricked. Shocked How can I get back to booting the computer again.

Any help, please

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Re: Help. Hard Drive, will not boot.
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2006 at 8:57am

Derrick wrote on May 12th, 2006 at 7:28am:
"... Only problem is that something went very wrong. After the computer rebooted the screen showed Booting Pc Dos. Thats it nothing happend.

Now I can't reboot the computer at all. I tried everything I can think off. Tried to reboot using the Ghost Disk, can't get the Hard Drive to reboot either..."

It sounds like you are hung in a Virtual Partition, and such is not all that uncommon.  I am not smart enough to be of any assistance, but hang on for a little bit as help is on the way.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Derrick
N00b

Re: Help. Hard Drive, will not boot.
Reply #2 - May 12th, 2006 at 10:05am

El_Pescador wrote on May 12th, 2006 at 8:57am:
It sounds like you are hung in a Virtual Partition, and such is not all that uncommon.  I am not smart enough to be of any assistance, but hang on for a little bit as help is on the way.

EP
Cry 

Thanks for the speedy help El_Pescador, I didn't know what I was looking for. I did a search for that, and I was able to work it out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print