Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 Peculiar Problem (Read 3286 times)
spoiler
Ex Member

Ghost 2003 Peculiar Problem
May 19th, 2006 at 3:59pm

When i use my licensed copy of NORTON GHOST 2003 to take ghost of my C:/ using my old 40 GB SEAGATE HDD (MODEL - ST340015A) , its allowing me to take the image, but when I use my new 80 GB SEAGATE HDD (MODEL ST380011A) , the process stops after NORTON GHOST shuts down and restarts in PC-DOS for the ghost process to start. Why is this problem occuring ?

Also does NORTON GHOST 2003 support SATA Harddisks

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost 2003 Peculiar Problem
Reply #1 - May 19th, 2006 at 4:30pm

spoiler

Is there anything different about the setup for the 40 GB vs the 80 GB HDD--are you removing the 40 and replacing it with the 80, is the 80 hooked up to the same connector position on the ribbon--are the jumper setting the same or different for some reason--are both HDD's being used on the same system at the same time, or are we talking different systems--are both HDD's the same *file system*--do both HDD show up in the BIOS as correctly detected by the system?

Quote:
Also does NORTON GHOST 2003 support SATA Harddisks

See discussion here: 
Re: Bootable cd without floppy

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

spoiler
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2006 at 3:25am

no the jumper settings are set right , i remove the 40 GB HDD and then attach the 80 GB HDD as master and the DVD - RW as slave, but still the system restarts after NORTON GHOST intimates about the restart and the system just hangs

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2006 at 9:22am

spoiler

When first booting, enter the BIOS--is the 80 GB HDD correctly detected by the BIOS?

Can you hook the 80 GB HDD as slave, boot to your OS from the 40 GB--does the 80 GB show up correctly in the OS?

Create a *SeaTools* DOS floppy disk or bootable CD: 
SeaTools Desktop Edition
.  Test your 80 GB to see if it passes the diagnosic tests.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print