Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Data recovery services (Read 7584 times)
Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Data recovery services
May 25th, 2006 at 5:52pm

received a note today from someone (in Tampa) asking about data recovery services(never a good sign).

anybody out there have first-hand experience with such? or know anyone who does? or have relevant info.

Rad

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: Data recovery services
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2006 at 7:40pm

Rad, please see:  Data Recovery Services (Ontrack).

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2006 at 12:03am

Thanks, Pleo. I  knew we had a thread here on DR services.

IP Logged

SkiWinterpark
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 27th, 2006 at 1:02pm

Thank you for the link to the forum topic! Since I've already tried hooking the hdd up in an external enclosure and wasn't able to recognize the drive, I'm trying to locate an exact same drive and switch out the circuit boards with the hope that that will sove the problem allowing me enough time to pull as much data off of the disk as I can.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #4 - May 27th, 2006 at 2:01pm

Quote:
"... I've already tried hooking the hdd up in an external enclosure and wasn't able to recognize the drive..."

External enclosure kits - especially the USB2 variety - can be troublesome.  Does the enclosure function with any other HDD?  If not, maybe folks on these boards can offer counsel.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

SkiWinterpark
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2006 at 8:23pm

No, the enclosure (BYTECC ME-320) won't funtion with any other hdds. I began having problems with the drive after noticing that the enlcosures cooling fan had failed and the drive was very hot. I'm assuming the fan had failed a couple of days prior to me noticing. BYTECC sent me a replacement fan, but after installing it the enclosure still won't work, so it appears its circuit board overheated. My main concern is getting as much data off of the hdd as I can. It's a Western Digital 160gig model WD1600JB, so I've been scouring eBay and asking friends if they have an exact match that I can use to swap boards and see if the hdd will work long enough to Ghost it. If anyone has additional suggestions, I would be most appreciative! Grin

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2006 at 4:56pm

Quote:
[SIZE=2=]"... No, the enclosure (BYTECC ME-320) won't function with any other hdds...."[/size]

Try a NEC-compliant external enclosure kit (as opposed to VIA, SiS, or ALi-compliant such as your Bytecc).

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print