HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost Vers 10 (Read 4354 times)
Frustrated
Ex Member

Ghost Vers 10
Jun 10th, 2006 at 7:03am

Ok I bought this Ghost 10. I read the directions for it. It did a great job of copying the hard drive to another hard drive ( Both Maxtors) but it failed to make it a bootable drive. I made sure I checked the box " Make Drive Bootable" and went through the process several times to no avail. I am trying to create a backup drive on a CAD system so in case of a drastic failure we can keep the company operating. WHY won't it make the drive bootable?

P.S. Yes i copied to a slave drive and changed the jumpers to make it the master before i tryed to boot from it.

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost Vers 10
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2006 at 7:12am

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Re: Ghost Vers 10
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 8:47am

Frustrated, when you copied ("cloned") from your source Maxtor was the new Maxtor a new unformatted drive?  Or was the target Maxtor drive previously used on Windows XP?  That is, did it have a drive letter assigned to it from XP previously?

XP remembers drive signatures and drive letters and this can cause problems after cloning.  See the FAQ section for information about clearing the DiskID field, so XP won't assign the wrong drive letter and prevent booting from your clone.

(the documentation and restrictions or "pitfalls" of cloning are kind of weak in the manual for Ghost 10, but you should be able to do it after a few precautions.)

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print