Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new system; 2 RAID 0 matrixes (Read 1562 times)
manman
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

new system; 2 RAID 0 matrixes
Jul 25th, 2006 at 11:28am

Thanks again guys for what you have done here for me.

In some days/weeks I am going to assembly my new system. I have 5 HDDs.

The system is used for programming, but also for testing, working with virtual machines, and sometimes for audio/video compressing. I usually make backups frequently, and I move large quantities of data (virtual harddisks, backups, kits and so on). Plus, I work with database servers.

So, thats why I think that I need a configuration like this:
RAID 0 matrix A : HDD1 (Raptor 36 GB) + HDD2 (Raptor 36 GB) - for my OS: Windows XP and Windows 2003 server
HDD2
RAID 0 matrix B : HDD4 (Western Digital 160G) + HDD4 (Maxtor 160 GB) - for my data, kits, other programs and so on.

My important data is about 10 or 20GB, and I make regularelly backup on DVDs. Also, all kits, even some virtual machines are stored on DVDs.

The 5th is for backups.

I bought already the disks - so I have nothing to change here  Roll Eyes All I can to is to make a good configuration.

Of course I know this: if any of my disc die, all data on my matrix is lost.
But I want to speed up the system.

Backups for data - OK, I shall made a backup plan, for regularelly backup my data.

My problem is: let's say that, at one given moment, HDD1 fail. OK, I lost the data from the last backup - I accept this. But then I want to restore the OS installed. What tools must I have? I know, the drivers for all the RAID controllers  must be on the ghost disk, I shall test if ghost works with my controllers.

But let's say I go into a situation like that you saved me. Savepart works for RAID ) matrixes.

Any advices for using Ghost with RAID would be really appreciated.

Ok, things that I just experienced were a calculated risk - i.e. I kenw before removing&recreating partitions that things could go wrong (Murphy law - they went wrong). But if a disk fail and you have to restore 320GB (or even 100) - and you have to deal with ghost, RAID, and you even havent the right disk, and you have the deadline tomorrow - man - I think it's a nightmare.

So, I need some links, from somebody experienced, and some tools that I have to do on my trobleshhot CDs.

Thank you

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print