Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IBM Rescue and Recovery (Read 2260 times)
kaletonto
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Northeast Pennsylvania

IBM Rescue and Recovery
Jul 30th, 2006 at 10:05pm

I have a IBM t43p laptop and have been using Ghost 10 for about 1 month with no problems after Brian got me going. When I was updating a couple of drivers I ran across an update for IBM RR. My question or comment: Is this program even to be compared with ghost 10, or should I just remove for more space? I tried searching for anything about this but found out I am not very good with the search option, or there wasn't anything there. If this is the wrong place for this question just tell me.
thks
Harold

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: IBM Rescue and Recovery
Reply #1 - Jul 31st, 2006 at 9:54am

Kaletonto, although I have not used IBM Rescue and Recovery myself, such utilities are commonly provided by the manufacturer of the PC to restore the machine to its original ‘factory fresh’ state (which, obviously, does not include your own personal data files and any applications you have installed).

Ghost 10, in contrast, is intended to restore the PC to the point-in-time at which the backup image (aka “recovery point”) was generated for one or more drives (aka partitions).  You would be well advised to use Ghost 10 on a regular basis as a core component of your backup strategy.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print