Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reading .GHS files (Read 8043 times)
Arla
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reading .GHS files
Aug 16th, 2006 at 3:34pm

Okay, so from my prior post on the subject, I've not got my system mostly back, and working okay.

The only thing I want to try to do is copy a file from the backup that I had made, unfortunately the .GHO file was/is corrupt (and was trashed by running CHKDSK which was what was suggested by Symantec's website).

Anyone have a way to either just read .GHS files, or to create another backup and trick ghost into reading it? I did try a quick "just replace the .GHO file with another" but ghostexp kept asking for the last image file, I also did try just reading the .GHS files, but that just asks for the first image file? This is using the -ignoreindex flag when running Ghostexp.

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Reading .GHS files
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 3:43pm

Arla

Did you also try the *-corrupt* switch when running Ghost Explorer as mentioned in the other thread--also *no joy*?

Unfortunately, no other way has been found/noted on these forums of any way to access Ghost files except by restoring from the image files or mounting the image files in Ghost Explorer.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Arla
N00b

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Reading .GHS files
Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2006 at 4:00pm

Yeah, unfortunately it seems that even with the -corrupt switch it still needs the .GHO file to be intact... I'll play with it some more but at this point I think it's not going to work... hmm wonder if I can sequentially replace files... might play with that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print