Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USB ext hdd norton ghost 10.0 (Read 6091 times)
Hellgore
Ex Member

USB ext hdd norton ghost 10.0
Aug 21st, 2006 at 5:14am

Hi,

Not sure if this is usefull for anybody but me and there might be a solution ut there but i didnt find any.

The problem i have is that i want to clone a laptop disk to usb2.0 ext  hdd and then from this hdd to another laptop so that i will have 2 running laptops with the same configuration and system.

When i run ghost and clone to Ext hdd everything works perfectly but when i then start the other comp with the floppys i have the problem that the usb drive is not norton initialized or whatever it says. and when i choose to initialize the disk it runs a process and the PC gets stuck.
I have tried two times and ever made a new floppy but it gets stuck at the same place every time.
It seems as there is a frame coming up since i can see some kind of square figure which is not completely drawn.

I can see the Ext hdd and everything but Norton ghost wants to initialize it which seems to be the problem.

Is there some way i can initialize the disk before running the dos program or can i just do something else to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Re: USB ext hdd norton ghost 10.0
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2006 at 5:04pm

Hellgore,

I see that no one has posted any help to your question.

Have you resolved the problem or still need help? 

In Ghost 10, you don't start the PC with floppies; you use the Ghost 10 Recovery CD and boot from the CD, not floppies.

Does that help?

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: USB ext hdd norton ghost 10.0
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2006 at 11:49am

Hellgore, it may be helpful to review this thread that discusses the installation of an image (aka "recovery point") on PC #2 which was created on PC #1.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print