Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How to setup automated weekly ghost of running os (Read 70351 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: How to setup automated weekly ghost of running
Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 10:35am

Peach

Quote:
what if it ruins the working system during the test?

Well, testing should not be done on a system that is *mission critical*--once you know the routine works, before you *go live* with the system--then place it *in service*!

You said you have been using Ghost 2003 for some time, and you were looking for a *new* way to create backups--I would assume you can use the same backup routine with Ghost that you have used in the past to create a backup image of the system HDD that can simply be restored if your testing efforts do not go as planned.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #46 - Aug 30th, 2006 at 12:51pm

Peach, couldn’t have said it better than NightOwl:  ”Ghost 10 is very reliable--for most folks--most of the time--just as Ghost 2003 is--for most folks--most of the time!”

To help alleviate your concern that the “Achilles heel [of Ghost 10] though is it runs from and during Windows,” you may wish to review this thread.  I certainly agree with your perspective that “trust is earned,” and in the early days of Drive Image 7/Ghost 9, there was some natural human apprehension about the technology.  I think the world has moved beyond that conversation, and those days are well behind us.  Today, Ghost 9/Ghost 10 has earned a reputation as a stable, reliable and robust solution.  It seems to me, at least, that this issue has faded into the pages of history.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Peach
Dude

Best Illusion Ever

Mobile, Alabama

Reply #47 - Aug 31st, 2006 at 8:00am

Pleonasm wrote on Aug 30th, 2006 at 12:51pm:
Peach, couldn’t have said it better than NightOwl:  ”Ghost 10 is very reliable--for most folks--most of the time--just as Ghost 2003 is--for most folks--most of the time!”

It was an interesting point.  I realize that there are occasions where 2003 let someone down, and that nothing is bullet proof, and, it was on point for comparing the reliability - that they compare evenly.

Quote:
To help alleviate your concern that the “Achilles heel [of Ghost 10] though is it runs from and during Windows,” you may wish to review this thread.  I certainly agree with your perspective that “trust is earned,” and in the early days of Drive Image 7/Ghost 9, there was some natural human apprehension about the technology.  I think the world has moved beyond that conversation, and those days are well behind us.  Today, Ghost 9/Ghost 10 has earned a reputation as a stable, reliable and robust solution.  It seems to me, at least, that this issue has faded into the pages of history.

That does help a lot.  I have some more time today, and expect to do some test runs (of 10).  Thanks again everyone.

On Company Time.
IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #48 - Aug 31st, 2006 at 3:52pm

Thanks for helping my friend.

Interesting thread.

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #49 - Sep 5th, 2006 at 5:30pm

Peach, what solution did you choose to implement?  What did you learn that you can share with the forum community?

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print