Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
problem with nvidia dos drivers (Read 2293 times)
petersj
Ex Member

problem with nvidia dos drivers
Sep 28th, 2006 at 7:55am

The school where I work has purchased some gigabyte motherboards with the nvidia chipset. It`s a GA-M55plus-s3g. I have been trying to make a network boot disk for this damn thing and cannot seem to get it working. What is confusing is that it has a marvel lan on it but also shows to have an nvidia lan in the device manager.  I have tried the nvidia ndis2 drivers shipped with the systemboard but have not been sucessful. It uses the nforce 430 chipset. I have seen other people have problems with this as well. Gigabyte tech support says they do not have dos drivers yet. I am using the ghost solution suite 1.0. Anyne have any luck with this problem?

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Re: problem with nvidia dos drivers
Reply #1 - Oct 5th, 2006 at 11:03pm

Quote:
Anyne have any luck with this problem?

DOS drivers for the nVidia LAN seem problematic, I've use Windows PE with that and had some success. Just today I got passed a link to some Marvell DOS drivers that have recently been released and some information that they worked well with Ghost, although I haven't had a chance to see it in action first-hand. It's something to try anyway.

IP Logged

nbree
Ex Member

Re: problem with nvidia dos drivers
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2006 at 6:26pm

Hmm, another thing to check is what nVidia drivers you have, it seems that there is a newish set and if you download them they have an mcassist.cfg and the PDF in the download even tells you how to use them with GSS.

Discussion: http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t9948.html

Download: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_get.php?p_sid=...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print