Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Make image from Symantec Recovery Disk with NSR 11 (Read 8170 times)
bobmuppet
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Make image from Symantec Recovery Disk with NSR 11
Oct 22nd, 2006 at 8:16am

Hi

Maybe someone else has already made a post about this but as this is good info I'd thought I'd post it anyway to make sure...

It is possible to create a cold system image when booting off the Symantec Recovery Disk that one gets along with NS&R 11. Simply boot from the CD, from the main window select "Recover" -> "Recover using a legacy Ghost image" and lo and behold, Ghost 32 v 8.2 fires up. All one has to do then is choose "Local" -> "Disk" -> "To Image" and make the image in the normal way.

Hope this info is helpful to someone!

Cheers

bobmuppet

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Re: Make image from Symantec Recovery Disk with NS
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 11:04am

bobmuppet wrote on Oct 22nd, 2006 at 8:16am:
"... It is possible to create a cold system image when booting off the Symantec Recovery Disk that one gets along with NS&R 11.  Simply boot from the CD, from the main window select "Recover" -> "Recover using a legacy Ghost image" and lo and behold, Ghost 32 v 8.2 fires up. All one has to do then is choose "Local" -> "Disk" -> "To Image" and make the image in the normal way..."

A sound observation, and well-stated.  My experience has shown that Norton Ghost Ver 8.2 will forge its way through difficult circumstances with a failing system where even my beloved Ghost 2003 was stymied (commentary below).

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 2:13pm

bobmuppet,

Thanks for the post. Ghost 10 has that ability as well. Ghost 9 doesn't. Grizzly deserves the honour for this discovery but I think you are the first to report it with S & R.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11415...

IP Logged

bobmuppet
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 3:21pm

Thanks Brian. I certainly wasn't trying to steal to steal Grizzly's thunder. I'm new to Ghost (bought it yesterday!) and only discovered this brilliant forum today. I didn't have to much time to browse before making my post as whilst I was typing I was also sinlge handedly trying to stop my two young daughters from damaging themselves or my mother-in-law's furniture! Perhaps wireless Internet isn't always a good thing...

Cheers

bobmuppet

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2006 at 3:32pm

bobmuppet,

Your post is most welcome. That behaviour hasn't been reported with S & R before. I doubt you would have found Grizzly's post. I had trouble finding it today and I knew where to look.

I'm sure you will enjoy Ghost and this forum. We look forward to hearing about your challenges.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print