Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 10 error EA39070A (Read 7788 times)
gaewing
Ex Member

Ghost 10 error EA39070A
Oct 26th, 2006 at 11:54am

Need help -- Replaced crashed HD and now need to restore my files and programs to the new HD. I have a Ghost 10 backup and my new replacement hard drive . Could not retrive from server - was hit and miss on connection. I transfered the backup files to an external hard drive and now connecting to the usb 2.0 port to avoid the network.
Using the manual restore with the original ghost 10 cd in the boot up drive. Computer is a Dell laptop.
Now I get this message EA39070A about 1/2 way through the restore process
message reads "the internal structure of the image file is invalid or unsupported"

I can see the files with ghost 10 and can pick any file to restore- but need to restore the drive.
I have 4 seperate recovery points of the old data.

Cry

Spent lots of time and frustration!!!

Three calls into Symantec to see about support and updated ghost 10 CD  and no help- gave me a password that did not work to ftp server and promised to get back to me twice in 24 hours- never happened.  Angry

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: Ghost 10 error EA39070A
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 3:12pm

I think you will find this thread to be of interest.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost 10 error EA39070A
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2006 at 3:39pm

gaewing,

This thread also...

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11127...

You will see that error EA39070A is more likely to occur with imaging rather than restoring. Hardware problems have been found by some people.

Does your image pass the Verify check. Double click the .v2i file and click Verify, second last icon at the top.

Let us know if any of the posts are helpful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print