Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ghost 10 BSOD (Read 8417 times)
Mel_Slane
Dude

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ghost 10 BSOD
Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:50pm

Just got a Dell XPS410 with DataSafe drive (SATA RAID) and Ghost 10.  One of the 1st things I tried was booting into the Symantec Recovery Disk using the product CD, which resulted in the Blue Screen of Death.  To make a long story short, the Symantec CD is missing a couple of drivers - for the SATA RAID HD Controller and the Gigabit Network Connection.  I can't add "3rd party" drivers at the appropriate place during the bootup because the Symantec CD software is hard wired to read the A: or floppy drive at that point and I don't have one (along with a few million other people by now).  From another forum, I found that usually an external floppy drive would not work in this situation (because you're not in Windows and the Symantec software doesn't recognize an external drive at that point).  If I were smart enough to rename one of my two internal optical drives to A: (assuming that would work), I still have no idea how to find these driver files.  Time to try TrueImage 10 ??

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Re: Ghost 10 BSOD
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 4:11pm

Mel_Slane wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:50pm:
"... I can't add "3rd party" drivers at the appropriate place during the bootup because the Symantec CD software is hard wired to read the A: or floppy drive at that point and I don't have one..."

CLICK HERE to view a thread containing reference to adding SATA drivers to a BartPE/ReatogoX-PE CD (Windows Preinstalled Environment).

EP
Cry

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #2 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 4:24pm

Mel_Slane wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:50pm:
"... the Symantec CD is missing a couple of drivers - for the SATA RAID HD Controller and the Gigabit Network Connection.  I can't add "3rd party" drivers at the appropriate place during the bootup because the Symantec CD software is hard wired to read the A: or floppy drive at that point..."

It was the
Reatogo AutoDriver
that added the SATA drivers to my BartPE (reatogo edition) CD.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #3 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 4:24pm

Mel_Slane,

You computer is very similar to my Dell 9150 so the same drivers probably apply. Ghost 10 does have drivers for my SATA controller which is Intel 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI. Check to see if it's the same as your controller. Have you run a Driver Validation?

But, absence of SATA drivers doesn't cause a BSOD. It just doesn't allow you to see your HDs. The Recovery Environment boots OK. Have a look at this thread as I'd ask Symantec for another CD.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=Extra_Rad_Forum;action=display;n...

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #4 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 9:59pm

Mel_Slane

Just to be sure--how much RAM does your system have--and is it shared with the video chip?

Ghost 9/10 Recovery Disk requires a minimum of 256 MB--and possibly more if RAM is shared with video!

I suspect you have enough, but have to ask!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print