Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Ghost 9 Wont support Intel RAID? (Read 48636 times)
Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: Ghost 9 Wont support Intel RAID?
Reply #30 - Dec 4th, 2006 at 10:45pm

LOKI, just in case the Mass Storage Driver Pack plugin doesn't have your SATA drivers, I'd also add your drivers (in a folder) to the yourdrive:\REATOGO-240\drivers\SCSIAdapter folder.

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #31 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 12:47pm

Thanks to Brian and Mustang.

Guys, I havent had a chance to dig into this yet... hoping to find a minute or two to look at it today at work but...

Just a quick question if you don't mind.

When I download RTGXP and compile the environment along with my new drivers etc... Do I have to do it on the actual computer I will run it on?  In other words is it system specific?

I'm asking because I'm at work and the system I'm having problems with is at home.  If it is system specific I wont even bother fidling with it at home

Thanks in Advance
Loki

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #32 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 1:14pm

LOKI, you can make your ReatogoXPE CD in any computer with the required OS and it should boot in any computer. It will even boot in a computer without a HD. So if you want to surf the net without a HD, that is possible.

You need Ghost 9 installed on the computer to build the Ghost 9 plugin. But you could build the basic ReatogoXPE files and folders in your work computer, bring these home and complete the plugin on your home computer. You can add plugins to the basic files and folders at any time as you only need to do the ReatogoXPE setup once.

When you look at Ghost 9 from the ReatogoXPE CD it is the WinXP version. The pretty blue one and not the RE one. So you can create images and do Copy Drive from the RE (this can't be done from the Symantec RE) as well as restore images of all partitions including the OS partition. Networking from ReatogoXPE is a dream compared with networking from the Symantec RE as it's just plain WinXP networking. Nothing new to learn.

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #33 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 7:20pm

Hello All!

Lt Loki reporting....

Unfortunately I'm being carried on my sheild instead of carrying my sheild!

My attempts to create a bootable CD have failed miserably.

I've tried using ReatogoXP and also Mustangs excellent guide stickied in this forum regarding adding drivers to the Symantec RE CD.

Both attempts end in *exactly* the same manner.  As soon as I hit the "build" button, I get a BSOD that flashes before my eyes.  All I have time to glimpse is "BAD_POOL_HEADER" and my system reboots.  I should also point out that this is true regardless of whether I burn to CD or just try ot create an ISO file.

I did a bit of googling on that error and one of the themes regarding that BSOD was bad memory.  I don't have bad memory.  I've tried com[letely new sticks of different brand, rating, maker, capacity, etc. to no avail.  Also I am able to play marathon sessions of COD2 amd MTW2 with nary a hiccup.  It's not bad RAM.

Anyone got any other thoughts?

Help Please

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #34 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 9:25pm

L0KI

If you haven't already, change the default behavior of Windows automatically re-booting when an error occurs--

--Right mouse click *My Computer*,
--select *Properties*,
--click the *Advanced* tab,
--press the *Select* button in the *Startup and Recovery* section,
--uncheck *Automatically restart* in *System failure*.

Now the system should *stop* on critical errors, and give you time to see the error message!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 10:18pm

now *THAT* was a great tip! Grin 

I make a living suporting software and troubleshooting hardware and software problems, and I didn't know that!!

NightOwl gets a gold star by his name today!

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I've found the problem!

It wasn't hardware (RAM) Whew!

It was Zone Alarm Pro!

uninstalled it and presto!  BartPE AWAY!!!!

I'll check back in and let everyone know if it actually works regarding Ghost and my earlier issue if it doesn't get too late tonight (gotta get in a little COD2 too ya know!)

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #36 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 1:20am

L0KI

Oh...I like *gold stars*  Wink !

Actually--here's another one you might like--this suppresses the Windows boot splash screen that hides what's going on while the Windows OS is preparing to load--sometimes an error message is hidden behind it as well if it occurs during the loading process and the system *freezes*:

Go to the same place as above--except you're going to look at the top where is says *System startup*

--Press the *Edit* button
--Add the command line parameter */SOS* to the end of the line in *boot.ini* that starts your WinXP OS

Here's what mine looks like:

Quote:
[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
/SOS

Note:  that line that loads the WinXP Prof is all one line--the forum is *word-wrapping* that line!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 11:56am

Ok reporting back again...

Still no luck!  Even adding the right SATA RAID drivers to the recovery environment I get the error shown on page one of this thread, "THE ENGINE HAS NOT BEEN INITIALIZED"

So what I need to do, (I GUESS) is create an environment someone here had mentioned where I create a boot cd thats a PE recovery environment in which I can actually run GHOST 9.0 and not the RE.

Was that REATOGO?  Please correct if I am wrong but if so I did take a look at that before.   I actually tried that before Mustangs excellent guide stickied in this forum.  I gave up because of the BSOD problem I was having (hadn't figured that one out yet).

If I am right about REATOGO being the way to go, then could one of you gents give me a helping hand?

As I went thru the setup steps for REATOGO, the Ghost 9.0 plugin directions (the plugin was from a guy named FRODO) were a bit cryptic.  Could someone give me a more step by step for configuring that plug-in?

Thanks in advance for all the help on this guys!

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #38 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 4:54am

LOKI,

Cryptic, yes, but it does cover all you need to know about installing the Ghost 9 plugin. Download and run two files.

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11192...

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #39 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 6:07pm

to say theyre cryptic is an understatement....

OK this is really getting old.  If I had a buck for every CD I've waisted....

So I've got a perfectly good REATOGO boot cd

with no plugin

Every time I try to enable the Ghost 9 plugin and build an ISO
I get the following error...

Can someone shed a little light on this?  Obviously I'm thick so please use small words and type slowly Smiley

Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\SHARED\EN\ROBOEX32.DLL" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\SHARED\EN\ROBOEX32.DLL"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\SHARED\PQNotify.dll" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\SHARED\PQNotify.dll"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\SHARED\PQScheduler.dll" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\SHARED\PQScheduler.dll"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\SHARED\PQV2iAuto.dll" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\SHARED\PQV2iAuto.dll"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\SHARED\PQV2iObj.dll" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\SHARED\PQV2iObj.dll"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\TrayEXE.ini" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\TrayEXE.ini"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\UTILITY\PartInNT.exe" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\UTILITY\PartInNT.exe"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\UTILITY\Pqboot32.exe" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\UTILITY\Pqboot32.exe"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\UTILITY\ptedit32.exe" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\UTILITY\ptedit32.exe"
Copying file "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\plugin\Ghost9_autoHelp\Files\UTILITY\RestoreMBR.exe" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\Programs\Ghost9\UTILITY\RestoreMBR.exe"
DecompressOrCopy file "C:\Source\I386\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL"
Error: SetupDecompressOrCopyFile() "C:\Source\I386\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL" to "C:\rtgxp\REATOGO-240\ReatogoPE\I386\SYSTEM32\SYS\ROBOEX32.DLL" 3: The system cannot find the path specified.

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #40 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 8:17pm

anyone?

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #41 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 10:03pm

Never mind I got it....

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #42 - Dec 10th, 2006 at 10:07pm

OK so...

I have a reatogoXP executable environment on CD.  It boots and it runs ghost (not the RE).  In fact I'm typing this in it now!

Next hurdle.....

Since this environment is a bootable CD, it doesn't seem to let me restore *from* a CD/DVD.

I start ghost, it runs fine....up to the point I need to pick my V2i file.  Then I hit Browse and I get the file open dialogue box.  If I switch disks it seems to lock up.

Anyone know a way around this?

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Reply #43 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 4:29am

LOKI, unlike the Ghost 9 CD you can't remove ReatogoXPE. You will need two CD drives.

IP Logged

L0KI
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #44 - Dec 11th, 2006 at 2:28pm

Grin "OH THE HUMANITY!!!!"  Grin

Just Kidding!

First let me say thanks to Brian Mustang and NightOwl for all the great help and technical tidbits!

Late last night or rather early this morning I succesfully ran Ghost 9.0 on My Intel XBX2 mobo using the SATA RAID Hardaware.

The Idea of running Ghost in that Windows recovery environment (which also supports networking and USB devices!) is just awesome.

Special shout out to Frodo and Siegfried for their work on the REATOGO Ghost plugin.

Freeken Awesome!

To get it to go I copied the image file to an external USB drive and did it like that.  Only took about 8 minutes to "Get-ER-Done".

Going forward, now that I know Ghost will work on my hardware setup is to repartition my Raid 0 array to have one large primary drive and a smallish (6 Gb) drive I'll do nothing but keep my Base OS image on.

The real attraction to this whole setup is the flexability of the REATOGO environment that allows you to add custom drivers unique to your hardware.  Its almost future proof.

Anyways, thanks again everyone
L0KI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print