Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pearl Harbor Day Parade, 2001 in New Orleans (Read 2710 times)
El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Pearl Harbor Day Parade, 2001 in New Orleans
Dec 7th, 2006 at 7:45pm

The modern day photographs are from the New Orleans Pearl Harbor Day Parade in 2001.  Jeff DeBlanc was one of the featured pilots in the
'Guadalcanal'
episode of the current History Channel series
'DOGFIGHTS: The Greatest Air Battles'
.  Both U.S. Marine veteran aviators are wearing the Congressional Medal of Honor about their respective collars as they participated in the festivities surrounding the Grand Opening for the Pacific Wing of the New Orleans D-Day Museum.

As a disturbing footnote, in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina the D-Day Museum felt the full force of the wrath exacted by the looters and vandals who essentially ruled much of the city for several weeks.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

sumrica
Radmeister

Down around Biloxi, Miss.

Re: Pearl Harbor Day Parade, 2001 in New Orleans
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 12:03am

I've seen that show with Jeff DeBlanc a couple of times.  And I'd have no problem seeing again.  I loved hearing him tell the story.  Don' t know exactly where he's from in Louisiana.  He sounds like he might be from around New Iberia, Crowley or Eunice.  Wherever it is...I'll put it this way...he's surely eaten a few crawfish in his life.

http://www.facebook.com/joesumralliii?sk=info  
IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Re: Pearl Harbor Day Parade, 2001 in New Orleans
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 11:44am

sumrica wrote on Dec 9th, 2006 at 12:03am:
"... He sounds like he might be from around New Iberia, Crowley or Eunice..."

Pretty close - Saint Martinville in Saint Martin
Parish
, Louisiana (
county
in other states).  My pharmacist attended Mass there last weekend, and recounted visiting with DeBlanc afterward.  The kindly old gentleman was in good spirits despite chronic vision problems.  A retired high school science teacher, Deblanc continues to serve the public as a docent in a local Nature Trail operation where he stresses conservation education and environmental awareness.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print