Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Newbie's question about saved Disk space (Read 20832 times)
El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Re: Newbie's question about saved Disk space
Reply #15 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 7:42pm

Brian wrote on Dec 28th, 2006 at 2:33pm:
"... EP can always find good deals on Partition Magic and it is well worth having this app..."

IP Logged

unure
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #16 - Dec 28th, 2006 at 8:08pm

RATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw this on eBay and made a the first and only bid ($21 free shipping) with 4 hours to go. Wish I had seen your post first.

Thanks El_Pescador.

I hope someone out bids me so I can take advantage of that great deal.

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #17 - Dec 29th, 2006 at 1:28pm

unure wrote on Dec 28th, 2006 at 8:08pm:
"... I saw this on eBay and made a the first and only bid ($21 free shipping) with 4 hours to go. Wish I had seen your post first..."

It is almost a certainty that the eBay seller has excised the "Proof-of-purchase" symbols in order to claim the rebates.  I suspect that even at $21 he will still make a profit.  I would not be surprised to find out that he obtained the Symantec bundle from Fry's.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

unure
Gnarly

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #18 - Dec 29th, 2006 at 2:24pm

El_Pescador wrote on Dec 29th, 2006 at 1:28pm:
It is almost a certainty that the eBay seller has excised the "Proof-of-purchase" symbols in order to claim the rebates.  I suspect that even at $21 he will still make a profit.  I would not be surprised to find out that he obtained the Symantec bundle from Fry's.

EP
Cry

Yea!!  I lost the auction so I can buy the bundle. 

@El_Pescador

Looking at the $20 rebate (and seeing they always need to be PERFECT in order to receive it) #5 requierement has me wondering...does the first page of  my NSR user guide qualify as proof? And it seem a little wierd they would actually ask for a copy of the previous product CD?

#5) Proof of previous ownership submission requirements: a) Previous owners of a stand-alone, retail
(boxed or downloaded) product must enclose either a copy of the previous product’s CD, first page of manual (usually titled “User’s Guide”),

IP Logged

El_Pescador
Übermensch

Thumbs Up!

Bayou Country, USA

Reply #19 - Dec 29th, 2006 at 9:11pm

unure wrote on Dec 29th, 2006 at 2:24pm:
"... Looking at the $20 rebate (and seeing they always need to be PERFECT in order to receive it) #5 requirement has me wondering...
does the first page of my NSR user guide qualify as proof
?..."

Absolutely YES - in fact, I suspect the User's Guide page is the preferred proof by all parties - especially the USPS who does not need more CDs and fragments of CDs circulating in substandard envelopes.

One of my favorite techniques is to scan the shipping invoice as a color picture with the bar code and inside flap "proofs-of-purchase" included as illustrated below so as to submit with both rebate applications.  To cap it all off, I place small "freebie" address labels on the margin of the rebate application form, on the User's Guide page, on each individual "proof-of-purchase" item and even on the margin of the invoice copy (albeit it is not so shown below).  Another technique I favor - whether called for or not - is to use red ink to encircle the target item and its unit price plus the date of purchase.

EP
Cry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print