Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
EC8B0022 - Unable to mount/browse V2i (Read 8544 times)
isaac
Ex Member

EC8B0022 - Unable to mount/browse V2i
Jan 11th, 2007 at 10:32pm

hello all, i am desperately attempting to restore a C: partition using Ghost 9... this is the first time that i've experienced problems, and i'm hoping someone can help... i am able to verify the image, and can even execute the "export" functionality against the image... however, if i attempt to browse or mount it, i receive a message such as:

EC8B0022 Mounting this V2i drive is not supported.

any ideas?... the symantec support info seems to target version 2003 and earlier...

thanks in advance...

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: EC8B0022 - Unable to mount/browse V2i
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2007 at 4:04pm

According to the Symantec website:  “This problem occurs when the file system of the image has become corrupt, or when the hard drive has corrupt sectors. To resolve the issue, run chkdsk or a similar file system checker on the source drive, and recreate the image.”

Can you restore the image to a test partition?

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

isaac
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2007 at 12:39pm

thanks for responding... i did see that in the user documentation... i've scoured the web and all documentation, even contacting symantec (who refuse to provide support unless i upgrade), but this error seems to be rather rare, or at least having little documentation...

i have restored the image to a test partition on another machine, but it isn't recognized by windows... it's very strange... one attempt was to restore to that test partition, then perform a quick format so that windows will see it, and then use file scavenger (data recovery app) to see the files... i see files from the image, but not all of them...

i'm a bit disappointed that symantec's response is "recreate the image"... especially when many users would be archiving images and may need to recover files long after the partition has been written... i am considering moving to another solution after this encounter...

i mentioned that this is a "desperate" attempt because i'm currently missing about 4.5 months of email due to the ghost image failing Sad...

thanks,
isaac

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Reply #3 - Jan 14th, 2007 at 2:03pm

Quote:
i have restored the image to a test partition on another machine, but it isn't recognized by windows

From what you describe, it sounds like there were some partition errors when the Ghost 9 backup image was created.  For some reason Windows didn't complain about it then, but now the fact that it doesn't recognize the partition type leads me to that conclusion.

I think you are on the right track.  I can't be certain what the solution is but here is what you can try:

1. Delete the test partition.
2. Restore the image again to unused space on the test disk of the test pc.  Don't predefine the partition, let Ghost create it during restore.
3. Don't quick format it.
4. Download Partition Table Doctor
http://www.ptdd.com/
5. I believe you can analyze the Ghost partition before purchasing the software to see if PTD can fix it.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2007 at 2:14pm

Isaac, if your objective is to retrieve email files, then consider restoring the image to your test partition, booting the PC with a BartPE disc, and then finally using its File Manager to retrieve the desired files.

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print