Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Symantec Forum for Ghost 9 / Ghost 10 (Read 6256 times)
Pleonasm
Übermensch

Symantec Forum for Ghost 9 / Ghost 10
Jan 16th, 2007 at 9:27am

Symantec has a very active user-to-user forum for its Backup Exec System Recovery product (formerly known as LiveState Recovery) – i.e., the corporate version of Ghost 9/Ghost 10.  You will find questions on this forum authored by individual consumers, too.

See:  Forum: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

John.
Übermensch

Re: Symantec Forum for Ghost 9 / Ghost 10
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 10:17am

Those are the Veritas forums left over from when Symantec purchased Veritas Backup Exec.

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/veritas/index.jsp

Quote:
Welcome VERITAS Customers
Symantec Corp. and VERITAS Software merged on July 5, 2005. As a result, we are transitioning content from the VERITAS web sites to www.symantec.com. Please use the links below to navigate to your area of interest.

Ghost4me  Ghost 9, 10, 12, 14, 15.  Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 10:41am

Ghost4me, while your comment applies to many of the Symantec forums, it is not applicable to the forum I referenced at the start of this thread.

The Ghost product (all versions) was never associated with Veritas.  Therefore, this specific forum (designed to address the needs of Ghost users in a peer-to-peer setting) is certainly not “left over” from the acquisition of Veritas by Symantec, but was added by Symantec itself for the benefit of all:
    ”Symantec sponsors these discussion forums as a platform or venue for Symantec customers and other third parties to participate in the exchange of ideas and product expertise.”
Clearly, Symantec isn’t afraid of customer commentary in a public setting, nor is it discouraging such interactions.

As you'll see by pursuing the forum, it is active.  I am sure it will be a good resource for all of us as questions arise with Ghost 9/Ghost 10 in the future.

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 11:06am

so .. shouldn't your topic read "for LiveState Recovery" .. or "for Backup Exec Recovery"?

I mean, they're not really for Ghost 9/10, correct?

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 11:30am

Rad, yes - the thrust of the Symantec forum is oriented toward the corporate IT environment in which the Backup Exec System Recovery product is used.  However, at the desktop level, this is essentially the same as Ghost 9 / Ghost 10.  So, the forum name proper isn’t “Ghost 9 / Ghost 10”, but it may nonetheless be helpful to anyone using Ghost 9 / Ghost 10.

In looking over the forum posts, most are related to server backup concerns (as might be expected), but there are several that are more “consumer” or "desktop" specific.  For this reason, I think it may be a good supplemental resource to this forum for those with Ghost 9 / Ghost 10 questions.  Come here first – but, if needed, the Symantec forum could be used as a secondary mechanism for problem resolution.

P.S.:  Can you move this thread to the "Norton Ghost 9 & 10 Discussion Board," rather than the "General Discussion Board"?

IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2007 at 4:15pm

sure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print