Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Norton IS: Great customer service! (Read 2248 times)
MadtKrandle
Radmeister

Guess which one's the
Dummy.

Upstate NY

Norton IS: Great customer service!
Jan 21st, 2007 at 4:58pm

So my girlfriend gets a free 60 day trial of Norton Internet Security 2006 with her new Sony VAIO (backed up and running smooth; credits to this forum).

Ten days after activating it, it's telling her that her trial has expired Sad  So she looks at me...   what am I gonna do?  I told her to call Symantec.

Twenty minutes later she's handing me the phone after she chewed some lady out from Sony.  I calmed the Sony lady down and said that my girlfriend calling her was a mistake since they had nothing to do with the trial software that came included with the laptop.

So my girlfriend calls Symantec (as I originally told her), not only was she more polite, but she used my suggestion of telling the customer service rep that "I just need the full 60 day trial in order to properly evaluate the software so I can make an educated decision on which company I'd like to go with for Internet Security."

Guy on the other end gives her a new product key for the full version and it's good for a whole year.  See what being polite will do for ya hunny?

I just scoured the whole freakin net and Google brought me back here!
IP Logged

Rad
Radministrator

Sufferin' succotash

Newport Beach, California

Re: Norton IS: Great customer service!
Reply #1 - Jan 21st, 2007 at 11:37pm

"you catch more ...somethin' with .. somethin'"

how does that saying go?

i beleive this is the *first* radified post i've seen with that topic line.

"surely," i thot, "someone is being sarcastic."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print