Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Diskmedia Read Error" **Solved ** (Read 3636 times)
mCoDev
Ex Member

"Diskmedia Read Error" **Solved **
Jan 22nd, 2007 at 5:56am

in Reference to this post: http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=11175...

Hi;

I run a server PC on my network, and I have reinstalled Windows XP on it Yesterday, and to prevent to do the whole installation process again in the future, I want to clone my current C:\ drive

I've done all the steps in the post above, and when i reboot with the clone, it says:
> Diskmedia Read Error
> Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Steps ive done:
The master drive is little but only 4 GB, (which should be enough for the backup), The clone (or destination) disk is 10 GB and will be my actual C drive to by used.
I put the Masterdisk as "Master or Single" and the clone as "Slave" and booted windows from the master.

Before i started Ghost 9, I made sure that all partitions on the clone drive were removed, by going into the windows system manager >> drive manager.

I started Ghost 9.0 and did the steps described in the post I refered to.
Then i switched off my PC (after shutting down Windows), removed the master disk, set the clone disk as "Master or Single".

(I should mention that I also connected a new drive (160GB), with all the server data on, which is connected as "slave")

Then I switched on the PC and get this message "Diskmedia read error", I'm pretty sure its an error message from Microsoft and not from my BIOS, as my BIOS is in English and My windows version is a Dutch version, so the error message is actually reads "Schijfleesfout - Druk Ctrl-Alt-Del om opnieuw op te starten."

Is this error known and how can i fix this?

I'm gonna give it another try, but for now...

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

mCoDev
Ex Member

Re: "Diskmedia Read Error"
Reply #1 - Jan 22nd, 2007 at 7:35am

Nevermind,

It seems to work better with CopyWipe, Thanks Brian!

http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=ghost9_10;action=display;num=116...

IP Logged

Brian
Demigod

NSW, Australia

Re: "Diskmedia Read Error" **Solved **
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2007 at 11:59pm

mCoDev,

Yes, CopyWipe is easy to use but a little slower than Ghost 9. If it works, a few extra minutes doesn't matter. I'd be interested to hear if you find out why Ghost 9 failed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print