Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003/Ghost 8.2 and Windows Vista (Read 400588 times)
decombs
Ex Member

Re: Ghost 2003/Ghost 8.2 and Windows Vista
Reply #165 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 11:28am

I successfully used Easy CD Creator 9.1 LE to make a boot disk that works fine with my older computers that use PS2 devices. However, the disk does not work with my newer Intel DP35DP motherboard equipped computer. The board has no PS2 sockets/plugs.

It freezes at the A: prompt. I figured this was due to the lack of USB drivers for the newer USB (only) input devices, a MS USB Basic mouse and a Natural 4000 USB keyboard.

I copied the drivers WinXP says it uses (I got the info from the Hardware/Device tab in the Control Panel) to the Bootable CD Project folder and am now stuck on what files to include with a new Image and how to have those drivers load instead of the older PS2 versions.

Also, I can't seem to discern what version of Ghost 2003 I have other than its size is 1,024,016 bytes. Can anyone tell me what version I have, please?   Smiley

I intend to update to Vista soon and want to be able to save an initial install image to a spare partition ... and naturally be able to restore it should I need to. The only other option is to use Ghost 14, which I have, and install it after Vista, but I'd rather have a simple file from Gho_03 if possible.

IP Logged

TheShadow
Kahuna

Old Ghost user!

Florida, USA

Reply #166 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 8:53am

We've discussed this extensively in the forum, but I see you're new, so you probably have NOT read other threads.  It's always a good idea to do that before asking questions.

First, Ghost 2003 (any version/build) is not normally compatible with Vista.
I say "Normally" because there is a somewhat complicated work-around that's also been written up in this forum.

But, to find out what build your Ghost 2003 is, just run it in DOS, from your boot disk and run it like this:
Ghost /ver
(be sure to leave the space ahead of the /ver)
What you need is Ghost 2003 with a build # of at least 793.

Then make sure all "USB Legacy" setting are turned ON in your bios.
Adding mouse.com to your Ghost boot disk will also make running Ghost in DOS a whole lot easier.

The oldest version of Ghost that will work generically with Vista is Ghost 11.5. 

We've  also discussed extensively, in either this or another thread, alternative programs for backing up Vista.

Good Luck,
Shadow  Cool

IP Logged

proximityinfo3
Ex Member

Reply #167 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 12:31am

I do not believe that Ghost 9/Ghost 10 is compatible with Windows Vista.  Symantec is scheduled to release Ghost 12 in late April, 2007 for this need.

IP Logged

proximityinfo3
Ex Member

Reply #168 - Jul 17th, 2010 at 5:30am

That being said, your comments about the zeroed NT Signature messing up the Vista boot process, or using BCDedit to fix Vista so it doesn't care seem to nicely summarize the situation. I was starting to gain an appreciation for some of this after reading earlier posts in this thread and in the threads that Brian referenced in reply #123 above.

IP Logged

HellsBells
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #169 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 9:42am

hi there ............ i do have a leagal version Ghost 2003.789 but installed on Win 7..... how can i get a update installed to Build Ghost Version 2003.793......... the Updater allways say I have the latest Version of ghost installed which is defently not correct

IP Logged

NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Reply #170 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 11:02am

@
HellsBells

Christer posted a solution here:  Latest version of Ghost 2003 downloadable from Symantec on Feb 1, 08

Symantec's Live Update does not update its own Live Update!  If you do not have the option of selecting the Symantec *Archive Server* during the update process, you need to manually update Live Update:  How to obtain the programs updates that are archived on Symantec LiveUpdate server

Let us know if that helps.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

HellsBells
N00b

I Love Radified!

Reply #171 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 11:30am

hi the problem solved finally . thanks for ur support
i hope this link will help others http://community.norton.com/t5/Other-Norton-Products/I-need-HELP-on-Norton-Ghost...

kind regarde hellsbells

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print