Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
After reinstall, can't detect already made backups (Read 3399 times)
rulirahm
Radmeister

The Norton Ghost 1

Asia

After reinstall, can't detect already made backups
Feb 2nd, 2007 at 10:18am

Hi, I'm using Ghost 10 (installed in my primary partition at drive C: - C:\Program Files\Norton Ghost). The Recovery Point Storage, stored in secondary partition (D:\Norton Ghost Backups).

I removed Ghost 10 completly, then fresh install it again. But, it can't detect its previous Recovery Point Storage and asking me to create/Define New Backup. Because of this, I can't continue to use the previous Recovery Point Storage, optimize it or Check Backup and Recovery Status Sad

Is there a way that Ghost can detects its own backups after fresh reinstalling it so we can do the Optimize Recovery Point Storage or Check Backup and Recovery Status?

Maybe there's a configuration settings that we must edit?

RR

IP Logged

Pleonasm
Übermensch

Re: After reinstall, can't detect already made bac
Reply #1 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 11:08am

Rulirahm, based on my own experience, I know of no way to “continue” with a previously defined recovery point set (or schedule) once you have removed and then installed Ghost 10. 

I recommend that you move the old recovery points to a separate folder, and then manually deleted them over time as space is needed.  You will need to define the backup job again (although, of course, that’s quite a simple task).

ple • o • nasm n. “The use of more words than are required to express an idea”

IP Logged

rulirahm
Radmeister

The Norton Ghost 1

Asia

Re: After reinstall, can't detect already made bac
Reply #2 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 12:25pm

Sad

Thanks. I'm gonna delete the already made backups now and start a new one.

RR

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print