Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ghost 2003 - General Exception 36000 - Restoring (Read 15065 times)
NightOwl
Radministrator

"I tought I saw a puddy
tat..."

Olympia, WA--Puget Sound--USA

Re: Ghost 2003 - General Exception 36000 - Restori
Reply #15 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 10:22am

Christer

Quote:
One of the local computer shops was closed for "stock taking" and the other had no means for testing RAM or RAMBUS.

Were you not able to run a DOS based RAM test?

Memtest86

Quote:
Memtest86 supports all types of memory. If fact the test has no knowledge of the memory type nor does it need to. Memtest86 is able to test all types and brands of memory. This not a problem or bug but is listed here due to the many questions about this issue.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

No question is stupid ... but, possibly the answers are Wink !

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2007 at 11:14am

El_Pescador,
thanks for the tip on selling the RAMBUS modules on eBay. I had an idea to sell them on a similar swedish site called "Blocket" which means "The Notepad". New such modules would cost some $150 a piece in my local computershop. I assume that prices in the U.S. are lower, right?

NightOwl,
there wasn't even a POST screen ... Roll Eyes ... it just beeped!

Christer

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

Christer
Übermensch

Sweden

Reply #17 - Feb 11th, 2007 at 11:20am

The new motherboard and memory was installed this weekend. Reused the 2.0 GHz P4 and everything else. Ghost boots like it always has from the Ghost Boot Disks. I decided against a repair installation and took it from square one. Eight hours, six beers and two drams of Lagavulin later ... Lips Sealed ... both me and the computer were done!

My friend says that the computer is much faster now. I think that is wishful thinking but five years might make a difference on the performance of a motherboard. His video card is now running at AGP 8X and not limited to 4X like on the old motherboard.

Christer

Old chinese proverb:
If I hear - I forget, If I see - I remember, If I do - I understand

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print