Welcome, Guest. Please Login

HomeHelpSearchLogin FAQ Radified Ghost.Classic Ghost.New Bootable CD Blog  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A couple of questions about bootable CD? (Read 16339 times)
ben_mott
Nuclear Grade

Re: A couple of questions about bootable CD?
Reply #15 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 4:55pm

here is a FREE  Image Burner(ISO )
http://www.imgburn.com/
easy to use and fast and reliable.

you can also down load
UBCD4win
http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm

google it and with help of your XP it makes a Bootable PE
and when you boot to a Live Xp it has a utility (all this is FREE by the way) called selfimage.
http://selfimage.excelcia.org/

you can use that to make an image of your XP drive.

regards Ben
Smiley

IP Logged

ckcc
Technoluster

South Carolina, USA

Reply #16 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 6:34pm

Hey Mike,
  You wouldn't happen to be from the Abbeville, SC area? I know a Mike Hawthorne... at work,  and was just wondering.

If anything can go wrong, it already did, and you just now noticed it.

IP Logged

grandpaken
N00b

Reply #17 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 11:27am

I have installed Ghost 10 from a retail CD and have been creating incremental and full restorepoints without problems.

After reading some of these forums I realize that these backups of my C: drive are only good if I have a way to restore.   Since something may happen to my installation CD, I tried making a copy of it to use "just in case".

I can boot from the original CD successfully, but if I try to boot from the copy, it will go most of the way (until a screen is displayed stating "registering system components") and then reboot after a few seconds.

I have tried to boot both my home PC and my work PC and it does the same.

Is there some kind of "copyguard" that keeps my copy from being valid?

I will try another copy tonight to see if it works any better.  The copy appears to have everything that the original has.

Has anyone else had problems copying their original installation CD and being able to boot from the copy?

IP Logged

grandpaken
N00b

Reply #18 - Feb 16th, 2007 at 11:34am

I posted the following on another thread, but maybe someone on this thread can answer:

I have installed Ghost 10 from a retail CD and have been creating incremental and full restorepoints without problems.

After reading some of these forums I realize that these backups of my C: drive are only good if I have a way to restore.   Since something may happen to my installation CD, I tried making a copy of it to use "just in case".

I can boot from the original CD successfully, but if I try to boot from the copy, it will go most of the way (until a screen is displayed stating "registering system components") and then reboot after a few seconds.

I have tried to boot both my home PC and my work PC and it does the same.

Is there some kind of "copyguard" that keeps my copy from being valid?

I will try another copy tonight to see if it works any better.  The copy appears to have everything that the original has.

Has anyone else had problems copying their original installation CD and being able to boot from the copy?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print